Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 05:15 PM

Floydy's exercise apparatus

From a request - and a great idea - from Surfermom , here are a list of some of the exercises I perform in my workout sessions. Any questions on how to use these, please fire away. Please note I am not in any of these photos!

DB press, incline bench

Smith flat bench press

Lat p/d, (also with underarm and hammer bar grip)

Seated row

Low row:

Chest press (machine)

Incline chest press

Pec dec

Fly dec

Tricep pulldown

Tricep extensions

BB curl, standing

Concentration curl (here’s Arnie doing it!)

DB preacher curl

Machine curls

E-Z preacher curl, low pull, close grip

E-Z preacher curl, wide grip

BB forearm rev. curl

Single DB press

Tricep pumps/pushdowns

Bicep pumps/pull-ups

Double bicep cable curls (must get these back into my programme!)

Ab crunch

Incline press

Sled ‘horizontal’ press

Seated ham curls

Extensions (not doing these at present)

Adductor & Abductor
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 05:30 PM

Re: Floydy's exercise apparatus

Hi

I have one of these.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M04WM...252&th=1&psc=1

Bought dead cheap from some who got it and never used it.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 06:05 PM

Many of these "methods of torture were'nt around in my day when i trained in the Crystal Palace sports centre and i stopped weight training in my 60s. Just rely on cycling, jogging and arm wrestling with my three sons...One at a time obviously!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 08:17 PM

I have done

Seated Row
and
Chest Press

in the past, not now.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 08:19 PM

My neighbour who used to live next door, used to go to the Gym down here called 'Extreme Muscle', and he was 18 stone all muscle, he ended up going to the Hospital as his shoulder split open.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
My neighbour who used to live next door, used to go to the Gym down here called 'Extreme Muscle', and he was 18 stone all muscle, he ended up going to the Hospital as his shoulder split open.
Like any form of exercise, he should have been more careful how he trained. He obviously wasn't doing something correctly, Susie.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 10:14 PM

I wrote to the Charles Atlas Body Building scheme in the early 50s and was showered with info. In the end my Mum wrote and said i was a 13yr old boy and would they stop sending me literature. It stopped, but by then i was hooked.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 09:09 AM

The photos of Arnie and Larry Scott are revolting, Floydy !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 09:18 AM

I have done some weight training at various times in my life (not now). My favourite was always the flat bench press using free weights. I loved doing that, maybe I found it the easiest one for me. I started when I was about fourteen and can remember reaching 120lbs on bench press. I seem to remember that was reasonable for my age,
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

15-05-2018, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I wrote to the Charles Atlas Body Building scheme in the early 50s and was showered with info. In the end my Mum wrote and said i was a 13yr old boy and would they stop sending me literature. It stopped, but by then i was hooked.
This brings back memories from years ago.
They used to put these adverts in children's comics (!) and I remember not even being a teenager when I saw the ad which you were asked to tick a box: Big chest, big legs, etc. I had never seen anyone before with all that muscle (not sure but it may have been Atlas), and I actually sent the form off. I don't remember getting any info back...unless my parents threw it away when it arrived in the post!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top