Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 03:42 PM

Zionists claim Anti-semitism (again!!!)

Steve Bell's cartoon in the Guardian, has been pulled because of pressure from 'powers that be' amid claims of anti-semitism. I say it isn't!!!

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...b09578259f5b4a
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 05:57 PM

Re: Zionists claim Anti-semitism (again!!!)

By what criteria is that anti-semitic? The Israeli Right's (and their apologist's) incessant equating of anti-Israeli with anti-semitic is an affront to free speech.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 07:13 PM

If you don t see the signicience of burning people in a oven I'm afraid there is no use going any further .
However I will say that Steve Bell is not funny totally humourless and an offensive anti Semite to boot.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 07:27 PM

Hi

In our new Corbyn Marxist Party the left can insult anyone, but nobody else will be able to say anything.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 07:40 PM

I can see why some would be offended ... those who shock easy and are faint-hearted, but it is actually factual.
A young medic did lose her life treating the wounded during the riots at Gazza. Shot by an Israeli sniper.

With, I might add, an overzealousness that the Israeli's have earned criticism for from the international community.

Isn't there some popular saying about 'no one can reserve the right to claim to be offended whilst they too create offence?'
I'm sure I've heard it quoted on here often enough though I've paraphrased it somewhat.

Satirical lampooning does come under free speech which Charlie Hebdo learnt to his cost but most folk defended his right to engage in political & religious satire which some felt bordered on distasteful mockery... or earned a death sentence.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 08:01 PM

Steve Bell is brave enough to take pot shots at Israel .
Funny no cartoons of Mohammad when any thing related to Muslims is in the news I wonder why ?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 08:22 PM

Apparently it's not the first incidence of alleged anti-Semitism by political cartoonists.

After the Eurovision song contest.
https://forward.com/fast-forward/401...-anti-semitic/

The cartoon features Netanyahu in a pop-star get-up, holding a nuclear missile emblazoned with a Star of David, telling the crowd, “Next year in Jerusalem.” There is also a Star of David in place of the “v” in Eurovision.

Well, as winners, it will be held next year in Jerusalem.
The cartoonist was fired.
There was a time of course, when this would have been seen as a satirical poke at the Israeli government and it's policies, especially now given the current international condemnation of some of their methods of instilling security ... and NOT against Jews and in no way anti-Semitic.
The label does seem to be bandied around at the slightest provocation these days.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

07-06-2018, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

In our new Corbyn Marxist Party the left can insult anyone, but nobody else will be able to say anything.
Political cartoonists tend to be offensive that is their job .
However they really should be making impartial comment on a political situation .
Steve Bell is anything but impartial he is very pro Palestinian and hence the stream of anti Semitic cartoons that he produces at regular intervals there by causing the Guardian to sink lower in its Anti Israel campaign .
However he's been with them for decades and is steeped in its anti Israel anti Semitic attitudes .
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

07-06-2018, 08:48 PM

Anyone who defended the right of Charlie Hebdo to engage in satirical lampooning which focused on Islam .. can not reasonably or believably, without appearing hypocritical .... question the right of any other political cartoonist.

One rule for all.
Show me a cartoonist who is impartial.
They deal in the ridiculous, the cynical irony, in mockery and derision.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

07-06-2018, 08:58 PM

Steve Bell is safe .
The Jews won't murder him
They are civilised and don't respond to political offence with the slaughter of innocent muslims in supermarkets .
Steve Bell is no Charlie Hebdo.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top