Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 09:06 PM

Re: Don't Complain To Your MP. You Could Be Reported To The Police!

Originally Posted by Devo ->
She was still libellous. It probably passes lot of people by but we do not have an absolute freedom of speech in this country and that is how it should be. Okay, so you can say what you like, but you should also be ready to face the consequences, possibly the full force of the law.
Libellous my arse.
If one cannot make a serious complaint to an elected MP who is guilty of treachery to her local electorate who voted by a large majority for Brexit then we really are lost.

That useless back stabbing MP should be sacked.
End of!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
So why are the police not pursuing the case?

Is it, perhaps, because they are busy painting their nails or trying on some high heels?
Actually JBR I think you are spot on.
I saw a newspaper article taking the hiss out of them because they were all wearing Gay Pride badges and paraphernalia.

Where are they when people are being attacked by yobs on scooters though?
Answer:
Nowhere to be seen!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/387320...n-minded/Makes one feel good to be British!

https://www.nottinghamshire.police.uk/about/lgbt
https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/...lity=100&w=960
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
So why are the police not pursuing the case?

Is it, perhaps, because they are busy painting their nails or trying on some high heels?
Possibly, but at least 900 of them are monitoring social media for either racist or hate speech.
The rest are busy nicking motorists for doing 5mph over the speed limit I expect.

They love their easy targets these days.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 09:34 PM

Hi

We elect our MPs to do what we elected them for.

I have a certain sympathy with MPs whose constituents voted to remain.

In this instance however the MPs constituency voted Leave, and like it or lump it she should do the bidding of her constituents.

If she is incapable of doing that, she should resign.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 09:41 PM

MPs are not delegates, they are representatives. They are meant to represent their constituents, tempered by what they believe or what their conscience dictates.
Given that there has been a general election since the brexit referendum, I would think all her constituents knew her feelings re. the EU yet they still elected her. Nothing else to be said, really.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
MPs are not delegates, they are representatives. They are meant to represent their constituents, tempered by what they believe or what their conscience dictates.
Given that there has been a general election since the brexit referendum, I would think all her constituents knew her feelings re. the EU yet they still elected her. Nothing else to be said, really.
Not sure I can agree with you there Devo. If 60% of MPs are in favour of remaining but 60% of the voting public democratically voted to leave, should a remain MP be fighting to stop the Brexit procedure or be supporting the voters decision to leave?
Too many MP's are trying to find ways of preventing us leaving, because that is what suits their personal beliefs, but they had one vote just like everybody else so they should be doing their best to make Brexit work.... as that was the the majority, democratic choice of the people of Britain.

Mp's doing what they wanted, instead of what their constituents wanted, is probably what caused the leave vote to win, as people could no longer trust their MPs
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Not sure I can agree with you there Devo. If 60% of MPs are in favour of remaining but 60% of the voting public democratically voted to leave, should a remain MP be fighting to stop the Brexit procedure or be supporting the voters decision to leave?
Too many MP's are trying to find ways of preventing us leaving, because that is what suits their personal beliefs, but they had one vote just like everybody else so they should be doing their best to make Brexit work.... as that was the the majority, democratic choice of the people of Britain.

Mp's doing what they wanted, instead of what their constituents wanted, is probably what caused the leave vote to win, as people could no longer trust their MPs
Hi

Well said Twink.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 08:41 AM

Why are people surprised at the antics of this MP - she's a member of the scumbag 'nasty party' - 'nuff said !!!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Well said Twink.
Thanks Swim.
I get so frustrated by the fact that a decision has been made, by a democratic vote, yet many in power are still trying to stop us following that decision. The more this happens the slower the process will be, which means that the Press and the EU are succeeding in making the UK look stupid... and that will make life here even more difficult.
If the "Remainers" are concerned about how the Brexit vote will affect the UK, they shouldn't be putting barriers in the way of this process, because that will never work in favour of the UK. What they should be doing is helping the process go through asap, so people will not be reading all the stories about Britain being "so stupid". After all, both leavers and remainers will have to live here after we have left, so we should all be working together to prove that we are strong enough to stand on our own

I wouldn't be happy if Corbyn became our PM, but there would be no point in putting barriers in his way, because people will soon be able to see if it was a good decision, or not. Political democracy means that we all have to go with the majority vote, whether we like it or not
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 09:05 AM

Many who voted remain have extremely sour grapes and can't accept the leave vote instead choosing to be extremely negative about the majority leave vote. They need to stop crying and join forces to ensure our Britain becomes Great again.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top