Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 07:28 PM

Re: Labour Live 2018, no sniggering please!

Looks like it's been an unmitigated disaster.

According to the news article below lots of people have taken to social media to mock the whole fiasco.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-sales-twitter

Some of the tweets it cites:

"One wrote on Twitter: “Have an absolute ball at Jezfest but just make sure you don’t get trampled on.” "

"Another said: “Sadly, there was a bigger and more appreciative crowd for @levirootsmusic when he visited my small daughter’s infant school. "

"Other social media users mocked Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbot, with one tweeting: “@UKLabour According to @HackneyAbbott, 12 billion people are attending Labour Live today. "

An utter fiasco that will see Looney Labour lose a lot of money variously reported as anything from £600,000 to £1,000,000.

Hard to believe there are people out there who this this bunch of idiots could run a country!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Looks like it's been an unmitigated disaster.

According to the news article below lots of people have taken to social media to mock the whole fiasco.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-sales-twitter

Some of the tweets it cites:

"One wrote on Twitter: “Have an absolute ball at Jezfest but just make sure you don’t get trampled on.” "

"Another said: “Sadly, there was a bigger and more appreciative crowd for @levirootsmusic when he visited my small daughter’s infant school. "

"Other social media users mocked Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbot, with one tweeting: “@UKLabour According to @HackneyAbbott, 12 billion people are attending Labour Live today. "

An utter fiasco that will see Looney Labour lose a lot of money variously reported as anything from £600,000 to £1,000,000.

Hard to believe there are people out there who this this bunch of idiots could run a country!
I would go if there was free booze
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 02:44 PM

Remainers have definitely shown they are not happy with old Commie Corbyn.

During his speech at the failed and dismal Labour 1 day festival, activist Remainers unfurled a huge banner saying "Stop Backing BrExit" and chanted that mantra.

The Express reports this:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/97...rbyn-Remainers

The article says that "The pro-Europe youth group were reportedly thrown out of the festival after the banner protest."

Nothing like Marxist toleration of opposing views eh?!

And entirely predictably the Loonies are now claiming that they actually sold 13,000 tickets in the end. Guessing Diane Abbott kept the tally !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 02:55 PM

On the radio this morning it described Labour Live using a version of the labour slogan 'For the few not the many ''
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

17-06-2018, 02:58 PM

Article from The Mirror

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...itics-12726335

It says:

"there have been reports of the party losing more than a million pounds on the event"

and it says that old Compo Corbyn said to them:

“We haven’t done all the sums on it - that will come later.”

lolol

Same old Looney Labour. Absolutely clueless about the cost of pretty much anything.

Somewhat worryingly they are planning another Jezfest next year:

"Labour Party Chairman Ian Lavery told the audience at a People’s Question Time event at the festival that Labour Live would happen next year and he said “it would be twice as big”."

Yes, you've got to make a promise or two boys . .
You've got to make a promise or two

What a bunch of Loonies
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 03:05 PM

Don't you find it interesting that not a single word on the event has been uttered by the unbiased BBC....

I dare to bet it would have had wall to wall coverage had it been a success.... or do I seem a little cynical... ?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
On the radio this morning it described Labour Live using a version of the labour slogan 'For the few not the many ''
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Don't you find it interesting that not a single word on the event has been uttered by the unbiased BBC....

I dare to bet it would have had wall to wall coverage had it been a success.... or do I seem a little cynical... ?
That's true Barry. I was expecting the BBC's impartial Robert Peston to report on it.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's true Barry. I was expecting the BBC's impartial Robert Peston to report on it.
Please don’t wind me up on anything to do with biased as *hit Peston Longy.
I cant stand the pompous arrogant twit!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

17-06-2018, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Please don’t wind me up on anything to do with biased as *hit Peston Longy.
I cant stand the pompous arrogant twit!
I cannot disagree with you.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top