Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2012, 08:22 PM

Re: Wise words and Inspiring quotations...

I have my Grannie with me all the time, so between her and God I have a pretty full time talking to them in my head,I dont go to church I dont have toobut I am sure we are all part of a big plan, and when its almost unbearable I say to myself "It will pass and usually it does.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2012, 09:16 AM

Every morning when I awake I say thank you.

I then have another day in which to live, learn and experience another day.

Life is the most important thing that we have and we should make the most of it whether it is being a couch potato (god forbid) or an olympic athelete.

The alternative is the loss of all the wonderful things that Mother earth has to offer.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2012, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Every morning when I awake I say thank you.

I then have another day in which to live, learn and experience another day.

Life is the most important thing that we have and we should make the most of it whether it is being a couch potato (god forbid) or an olympic athelete.

The alternative is the loss of all the wonderful things that Mother earth has to offer.
I note your criticism oif couch potatoes Bob. Laying here in my super armchair watching Breakfast News, might I enquire what's wrong with being a couch potato????
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2012, 08:25 AM

Couch potatoes do not make good chips.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2012, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Couch potatoes do not make good chips.
Only when I condescend to stir myself and get out of my reclining armchair and go and make myself a meal.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2012, 05:49 PM

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
Mae West.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

26-03-2012, 06:20 PM

Once a king, always a king, but once a (k)night's enough!!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2012, 03:20 PM

"A sure cure for sea-sickness is to sit under a tree."
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2012, 05:42 PM

My Mums's favourite was always aimed at me. I was a Fussy Eater when I was Wee and often left a lot of the food as I didn't like it. She would always glare at me and say....Eat it up, Waste Not Want Not.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

30-03-2012, 10:47 AM

My mother used to dampen our spirits sometimes when she would catch my brother and me tittering, "Laugh before your breakfast and you'll cry before your tea."

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top