Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Westie
London, UK
Westie is male 

06-07-2011, 12:22 AM

Geocaching

I've just started to get into Geocaching ...anybody else into it?
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2011, 10:06 AM

Re: Geocaching

Yup! been doing it for ages now. We look one up everywhere we go and there's some amazing places where boxes are hidden. We have a travel bug out and about too and its been all over the country. We take the dogs too as most are in a dog walking location.
Hell
wolverhampton uk
Hell is female  Hell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2011, 08:39 PM

what is it?????? excuse my ignorance
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2011, 09:37 PM

Treasure hunting lol But its a permanant thing rather than a set up for an event like a school treasure hunt. You look on the website and find the area you want to search in and it'll give you a gps number.. plus a few hints and tips. You then go and find the location and search about for a small sandwich box or a plastic or metal tub. In it will be a notebook and pencil and various nik naks like key rings or little toys like we used to get in cereal boxes. You take one out and replace it with one that you came with and you fill in the book to say you've been and off you go. When you get home you can log it in on the website too.
The travel bug I spoke of is a slightly more robust but small knight and we can track him all over the country and he has a metal 'dog tag' attached.
Most of the caches are on lovely dog walking routes and for those who cant do hills or need gentle access you can check out its difficulty on the site beforehand and pick the ones within your capability. There are lots in the cities too so not all involve wellies & a brolly lol
http://www.geocaching.com/
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2011, 09:38 PM

I'm afraid I'm at a loss also, what is it please.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2011, 09:40 PM

Thank you Cassie.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2011, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Topaz ->
Listen up Guys , i`m really not trying to be nasty here , but have either of you considered GOOGLING the info ?
You seem able and capable of posting here , so I can only assume you know how to make a search for info , no ?

Like this ...........

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Geocaching

This was on breakfast yesterday and I Googled it.

Read all about it and came to the conclusion its a big waste of time.

But each to his own.

Any way off to school for my spelling leassons
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2011, 08:36 AM

This sport caused chaos recently when someone was seen, having discovered the cache and signed his name and returned the cache to the same (hidden) place. People watching thought he had placed a bomb there and called the Police. The area had to be cordoned off and cleared of the public, and the 'Bomb Squad' were summoned to investigate the package. This resulted in the closure of a large area of the town and caused traffic jams for hours.

Whilst seemingly a totally 'innocent' sport, it is a sign of the times in which we live that it has potential 'terrorist' repercussions.
Hell
wolverhampton uk
Hell is female  Hell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2011, 04:13 PM

found my first cache today and will do more searching, it adds another dimention to my daily walk. Must admit to being quite excited by this
Cassie
West Wales

16-07-2011, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Hell ->
found my first cache today and will do more searching, it adds another dimention to my daily walk. Must admit to being quite excited by this
I get really excited too lol Did you leave something and take something?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top