Join for free
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2012, 04:28 PM

Mahjong

Now this is a shot in the dark but does anyone here play on line Mahjong at all. By this I do not mean the solitaire tile matching game widely available. I mean the real game when 4 players sit round a table and play. There are a few sites around but I know nothing about them and am a bit loath to subscribe. Its a great game. I have a set but don't know anyone to play with locally.

Its a long shot but you never know.

Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2012, 04:33 PM

Re: Mahjong

Wish I could! I've only tried the online solitaire but I think playing with others would be very interesting. Hope you find some players.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2012, 04:41 PM

Its a totally different game Sue more like playing rummy with cards than anything else. The computer game has just used the mahjong tiles thats all.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2012, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
Its a totally different game Sue more like playing rummy with cards than anything else. The computer game has just used the mahjong tiles thats all.
Ah, I see. I'd like to learn, given the chance though.
The Dog Lover
Watford

12-09-2012, 09:49 AM

Lots of Canadians play Sue. I lived in Belgrade for a year back in the 70s and we had lots of Canadian friends and played Mahjong regularly. Its a great game if you can find others to play with but someone needs to have a Mahjong set of course. You can play with 3 or 4 people.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

14-09-2012, 01:51 AM

Thanks Val - I may google and see who I can find.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2012, 09:17 PM

Used to play years ago with my stepfather we were a big board game family always playing something but hubby not interested in anything like that hope you find some partners to play with...
Sue

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top