Join for free
Page 11 of 22 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 11:34 AM

Re: Disrepectul people on the forum

Surely it is easy enough to ignore what you donīt like, unless of course it is aimed at you personally. I see and hear many things that I personally disapprove of, but I am not judge and jury. People come in all shapes and sizes and from many different backgrounds, some people are tolerant, some are not, but on a forum unless it is really offensive then surely it can be ignored. After all Iīm sure it is quite obvious that some peoples postings are made simply to wind up or inflame, then they sit back and watch the fun. If they are given fuel to continue then that's what they will do. I sincerely hope that Princess Anne, or certain other members of "high society" never join the forum because I have heard some of the worst language I have ever heard used by Princess Anne, including a riding crop at that particular incident too. We are none of us perfect, we are none of us saints and there are many people who quite simply seem unable to speak without swearing and who obviously have difficulty expressing themselves without doing so. Obviously swearing is a part of life, if it wasnīt then the "offensive" words would not exist ! I think being offended depends on how quickly you rise to the bait. I havenīt seen any swearing on this forum that has offended me personally, as for sarcasm and "winding people up", I find that easy enough to ignore. If I am verbally attacked personally, then I think I can deal with that too without getting rude or abusive.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Surely it is easy enough to ignore what you donīt like, unless of course it is aimed at you personally. I see and hear many things that I personally disapprove of, but I am not judge and jury. People come in all shapes and sizes and from many different backgrounds, some people are tolerant, some are not, but on a forum unless it is really offensive then surely it can be ignored. After all Iīm sure it is quite obvious that some peoples postings are made simply to wind up or inflame, then they sit back and watch the fun. If they are given fuel to continue then that's what they will do. I sincerely hope that Princess Anne, or certain other members of "high society" never join the forum because I have heard some of the worst language I have ever heard used by Princess Anne, including a riding crop at that particular incident too. We are none of us perfect, we are none of us saints and there are many people who quite simply seem unable to speak without swearing and who obviously have difficulty expressing themselves without doing so. Obviously swearing is a part of life, if it wasnīt then the "offensive" words would not exist ! I think being offended depends on how quickly you rise to the bait. I havenīt seen any swearing on this forum that has offended me personally, as for sarcasm and "winding people up", I find that easy enough to ignore. If I am verbally attacked personally, then I think I can deal with that too without getting rude or abusive.
Annoying as this might be to some, I'm quoting clumsy's post in its entirety because I'm so impressed.
It says everything that I believe.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 11:49 AM

I want to agree with you clumsy but some of us are here to escape the trials of real life and I can do without what has been aimed at me as it takes the fun out of the forum for me and I think many others. So the ignore button is magic.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 11:54 AM

I'm far too nosy to ever use the ignore facility!
I used it on A N Other forum once, but I found that unless I was logged on, if I just read the new posts as a guest before logging on, then I could see the ignored person's posts anyway!
These days I leave myself logged on as default, much easier.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 12:11 PM

I used the ignore button only because someone seemed to follow me and pick what I said to pieces, much happier posting now.
Patsy, I do look at most threads, sometimes the subject either doesn't interest me or I know I'll get emotional about it and don't need that. Sometimes, however, I just have to get things off my chest and post anyway and then wish I hadn't!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 12:13 PM

Use the ignore button.?..eek!,,,no way..I wanna see everything cos I is a big Girl now :~)
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

12-07-2015, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I used the ignore button only because someone seemed to follow me and pick what I said to pieces, much happier posting now.
Surely if that happens and you just leave the offending post without responding to it, it takes all the power out of it and says more about the poster than a response from you ever would?
Responding merely gives it oxygen, don't you think?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I want to agree with you clumsy but some of us are here to escape the trials of real life and I can do without what has been aimed at me as it takes the fun out of the forum for me and I think many others. So the ignore button is magic.
If that works for you Julie, then that is good. Everyone has the choice but it is up to them to make the choice. I think I must say though, that if people are on forums to "escape the trials of real life" perhaps they would be better finding one of the, Iīm sure, many forums that talk about TV, films, pop stars, etc etc. Most topics on this forum are about real life and as such people will never agree, and neither should they, but of course there are some people who MUST always be right and wonīt accept any point of view other than their own.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 12:23 PM

I did but it seemed to happen on new threads. The person doesn't post anymore thankfully
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Use the ignore button.?..eek!,,,no way..I wanna see everything cos I is a big Girl now :~)
This brought a smile to my face

Page 11 of 22 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top