Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 09:28 PM

Unwanted Medicine

What do you do with any surlus medicine,i.e you no longer take ? I have a lot of boxes of pills ,as my pharmacy now sort out all my pills into Dosset boxes,everything is put in the correct time of day to take
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 09:34 PM

Re: Unwanted Medicine

Never throw unwanted meds away. Take them to your pharmacy Deylon and they will dispose of them safely.
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

23-07-2018, 09:38 PM

Wot Lion Queen said.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan2 ->
Wot Lion Queen said.

I agree too.
Never bin them or flush them away, hand them in to your pharmacy and they will dispose of them safely for you.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 09:08 AM

I think they send them out to poorer countries.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 05:06 PM

Keep 'em !! You never know when you might need them.

Suppose there's some kind of delay getting your meds? A national catastrophe etc etc

We should all have a basic supply of medications for a "just in case" scenario and accordingly everyone should have the basic education on how and when to use them. I certainly do.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Keep 'em !! You never know when you might need them.

Suppose there's some kind of delay getting your meds? A national catastrophe etc etc

We should all have a basic supply of medications for a "just in case" scenario and accordingly everyone should have the basic education on how and when to use them. I certainly do.
Some medicines go out of date and are best taken to the pharmacy to be disposed of.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I think they send them out to poorer countries.
No they dont, they incinerate them, my pharmacist told me. We had a discussion about the terrible waste of in date medication which is returned and then destroyed, when it could be used in Third World Countries. A criminal waste imo.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
Some medicines go out of date and are best taken to the pharmacy to be disposed of.

I agree with you Leia.

I already said that in another post about hoarding medicines.
My poor old Mum had some I found which were 14 years out of date!!

People don't think to look at the dates, nor the storage instructions.

Mind you, I have a bit of a 'thing' about the date reading - why oh why, do the idiot drug companies often stamp the date as just a white mark engraved on a white background ey?
How flippin' clever is that!

Some manufacturers stamp it in black writing, but those that are just engraved on the packet and not inked in really get my back up.

Fortunately I can still read them in a good light, but I bet thousands of people can't even tell a date is there even, let alone be able to read it.

Same sort of thing with those white plastic measuring jugs for the kitchen. White lines and measurements on a white background. How stooopid can they get!

It's ok, I've finished now.
As you were.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

24-07-2018, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
No they dont, they incinerate them, my pharmacist told me. We had a discussion about the terrible waste of in date medication which is returned and then destroyed, when it could be used in Third World Countries. A criminal waste imo.

My pharmacist told me that once they have left the pharmacy, - even if I only got to my car ouside - they cannot take them back for re-use/selling, even if they have never been opened.

He said once they have left his premises, they are only allowed to take them back for disposal only.
So if I got home with a prescription, and it was wrong, and I turned round and took them straight back, they would still legally have to dispose of them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top