Join for free
Page 16 of 20 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 08:50 AM

Re: Brexit referendum, have you changed your mind?

Originally Posted by Mountaintop ->
The truth is you have a vote - for members of the European Parliament and in turn, government's votes for their member of the European Commission. Why is that so different from voting for your MP, whose interests will often be to the party whip, not to his local constituency, than a European wide election. Again, I say it, the EU is a force for good. This has been proven. European peace and prosperity is the result. Like everything else, people have this habit of knocking that which works. As I said before, time will tell. And what if you are wrong? What will you say? Sorry? Too late!
Eu didn't cover themselves in glory or exactly help peace in Yugoslavia it was them jumping the gun and recognising a disputed area set that region alight. They've allowed people in Catalonia be brutalised by Spain. No word about keeping it peaceful from them.

They want to take Gibraltar in a land grab, doing their best to reignite northern Irish problems.

Not a peaceful benign organisation at all IMO
Mountaintop
Ireland, Meath
Mountaintop is male  Mountaintop has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Eu didn't cover themselves in glory or exactly help peace in Yugoslavia it was them jumping the gun and recognising a disputed area set that region alight. They've allowed people in Catalonia be brutalised by Spain. No word about keeping it peaceful from them.

They want to take Gibraltar in a land grab, doing their best to reignite northern Irish problems.

I've heard it all now. This is the greatest nonsense I've heard in a long time. Don't know why I bother coming on this site. It's just an echo chamber, people listening to their own views and those of people they agree with. The people in Catalonia brutalised! If you want to go down that road, look to your own history. And the EU wants to reignite the Irish problem do they? Who was it made a pact with the Unionists? Do you really believe in what you are saying? Is there no reality check, no ability to question yourself, or history, or the current political situation and come up with an OBJECTIVE comment. Please! And by the way, I suppose the EU is responsible for circles in corn fields too. Give me a break.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 09:33 AM

If you like seeing elderly and women dragged from voting booths by their hair them yes it wasn't brutal at all. Me I'm a peaceful person and expect better from my leaders, they even bought in police from other regions because local police refused to handle them harshly enough !
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That's because by voting brexit you've cut your nose off to spite your face!
Calm down dear, it's only a discussion!

Actually, I do feel rather sorry for you. You lost, and you are finding it so difficult to accept that, especially as there is absolutely nothing that you can do about it...

...other than whinge about it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
I’d vote Remain again, of course.
But in some ways my position has changed since the referendum.
When I first considered the issues, I was about 60 to 40 in favour of Remain and did have some issues with the EU.

Since the result and having heard and seen the attitudes of many Brexiters, the complicated mess of the negotiations and the grim future that Brexit will condemn us to, my issues with the EU have paled into insignificance and I’m now 100% in favour of Remain.
Sad, isn't it?

That you can do nothing about it now, I mean.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

28-03-2018, 11:29 AM

The truth is you have a vote - for members of the European Parliament and in turn, government's votes for their member of the European Commission. Why is that so different from voting for your MP, whose interests will often be to the party whip, not to his local constituency, than a European wide election. Again, I say it, the EU is a force for good. This has been proven. European peace and prosperity is the result. Like everything else, people have this habit of knocking that which works. As I said before, time will tell. And what if you are wrong? What will you say? Sorry? Too late!
The difference is that every MP has been voted into government by the people of this country.

Not 1/28th of them.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

28-03-2018, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

I've heard it all now. This is the greatest nonsense I've heard in a long time. Don't know why I bother coming on this site. It's just an echo chamber, people listening to their own views and those of people they agree with. The people in Catalonia brutalised! If you want to go down that road, look to your own history. And the EU wants to reignite the Irish problem do they? Who was it made a pact with the Unionists? Do you really believe in what you are saying? Is there no reality check, no ability to question yourself, or history, or the current political situation and come up with an OBJECTIVE comment. Please! And by the way, I suppose the EU is responsible for circles in corn fields too. Give me a break.
Oh diddums! If you don't like this site then you are not obliged to stay. In fact, there are a couple of ladies on here who completely agree with you with regard to remaining under the jackboot.

Actually, what Julie said is absolutely correct.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 12:13 PM

Now that the lying, scheming, conniving brexiteers have been shown to have illegally overspent during the referendum, in all fairness, we ought to either re-run that referendum or alternatively organise a new referndum when the scumbag 'nasty party' finally disclose the terms of their surrender, I mean negotiations.
Mountaintop
Ireland, Meath
Mountaintop is male  Mountaintop has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 12:25 PM

Thank God the founding fathers of America were not as blinkered as the Little Englanders are today. There'd be no United States if they were. We'd still have New England, New Hampshire, Texas, etc, and all probably at war with one another.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

28-03-2018, 03:07 PM

Thank God the founding fathers of America were not as blinkered as the Little Englanders are today. There'd be no United States if they were. We'd still have New England, New Hampshire, Texas, etc, and all probably at war with one another.
And if the Irish weren't so blinkered in 1921 we'd still have the whole of Ireland to call our own!

Page 16 of 20 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top