Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2015, 04:59 PM

Any ideas how this can be stopped?

A new horror has emerged – cargo ships crammed with migrants heading for Europe

http://www.express.co.uk/comment/col...-headed-Europe
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2015, 05:16 PM

Re: Any ideas how this can be stopped?

I don't know how this all works but where do they get these huge ships from in the first place? they all have to be registered somewhere, and how does the cost balance out, I don’t know but I reckon a big ship would cost more than a million to buy secondhand, they just set them out on the auto pilot and that’s the last they see of them and the unfortunate cargo, surely the passengers know this when they hand over their money to these parasites, but that may be the whole idea, they have to be rescued and put ashore.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2015, 05:17 PM

It can only be stopped at source once they are in trouble I can't see what we can do but help them.
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2015, 05:20 PM

It can only get worse - no-one will be inhumane enough to just let these poor people drown, and with the world population exploding and terrorist gangs being allowed to do just as they please, the flood of displaced and economic migrants will just keep on coming. Brace yerselves - times are changing very quickly on this benighted planet and we´ll all soon be inundated. But that´s OK - there´s plenty of room....
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2015, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
A new horror has emerged – cargo ships crammed with migrants heading for Europe

http://www.express.co.uk/comment/col...-headed-Europe
They could turn the ship round and sail back to where they came from, if not it'll carry on. The people who organise this make mega bucks from it so they aint gonna stop any time soon..
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2015, 06:09 PM

With satellite and radar surveillance, I thought it might be possible to spot suspicious ships which could be intercepted before they got too far. If they were carrying illegal passengers, they should be turned around and sent back to where they came from.
kittylion
Lancashire, United Kingdom
kittylion is female  kittylion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2015, 06:21 PM

I didn't even know ships had autopilot! Surely there are some situations which an autopilot cannot deal with which puts the lives of all sea-goers at risk.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2015, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
With satellite and radar surveillance, I thought it might be possible to spot suspicious ships which could be intercepted before they got too far. If they were carrying illegal passengers, they should be turned around and sent back to where they came from.
I can think of an awful lot of reasons why that wouldn't work Grumble. stevmk2
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2015, 10:05 PM

I personally find it very worrying! They're forever finding new ways of accessing our shores and this is major!
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2015, 11:10 PM

No wonder some fight so hard to get here. Today my husband and myself had our six monthly dental check up. The receptionist asked us the usual question "Do you pay for treatment?" Yes we do, was the reply. We sat down to wait to be called. A family of coloured people came in. The receptionist asked the same question. "No" was the reply and "I want to claim travel expenses". The receptionist told the man that he couldn't, that it didn't apply to dentist and GP's, only if they had to travel a certain distance to a hospital to be examined. Not sure if that is right or not. The man was waving a form and insisting he was entitled to travel allowance.
His English was very poor so I assume he was either an asylum seeker or a recent immigrant.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top