Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 07:02 PM

Re: Humans - A Plague on Earth!

Originally Posted by Willow ->
People who can't support the children they have should be offered sterilisation/the snip, or a complete termination of their benefits and the removal of their children.

I am also of the opinion that the UK, I don't know about other parts of the world, are over populated with dogs and cats. many of which are not properly looked after, or under control, particularly dogs. You should have to have a licence, at least £100 to own a dog, and £50 for a cat, which must be neutered by law. Only licenced breeders should be permitted to breed these animals, and should be subject to frequent inspections, at their own expense. Unwanted animals, which can't be rehomed for whatever reason, should be humanely put down. It seems to me ridiculous keeping them in animal rescue sanctuaries for no good purpose.

If ownership of a dog or cat was expensive and licenced, maybe people would think twice before buying one, and realise they have to look after them in a responsible manner.
I respect your point of view about children Willow, but how the part of your post about pets relates to a thread about human world overpopulation I've no idea...

How about you start a new thread on that subject (if you desperately want to discuss it again)...
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

22-01-2013, 07:47 PM

I wonder if in the not too distant future, when one is born one will be given one's due death date, if the human population continues to expand as it has been doing?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Sir Richard Attenborough has made a prediction, I must say I tend to agree with him, what do you think:-

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/sir-david-a...110250496.html
I agree as well, but I think it will take a bit longer than another 50 years, before the real scramble starts to do something about it. In between now and 50 years on there will be a few wars and natural catastrophies to slow things down a bit. To be honest I have thought for a long time that our species is a plague upon the earth and the world and its other inhabitants would be far better off without human beings b******ng things up. (No I am not depressed)
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
and the world and its other inhabitants would be far better off without human beings b******ng things up. (No I am not depressed)
OMG someone who thinks like me
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 10:44 PM

I suggest the ones who think we are a plague and the ones wanting to limit the population growth, should do the right and decent thing and top yourselves and leave the rest of us to enjoy our last days in peace
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 11:10 PM

Limiting children in the First World might be achievable one day but I can't see it happening any time soon in Africa, S E Asia, the Middle East or Indonesia. So you might as well out another log on the fire.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 08:47 AM

It's hard to argue that humans, as a species, aren't a pestilence on the world. If rabbits happened to be the predominant species they'd have given us mixamatosis by now to thin us out a bit...
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
Congratulations, you're the third person to earn a place on my ignore list.
LOL OB Cut the benefits down.

Pets should not come into the equasion at all!

Good points made by most!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I suggest the ones who think we are a plague and the ones wanting to limit the population growth, should do the right and decent thing and top yourselves and leave the rest of us to enjoy our last days in peace
Whilst we today might be able to enjoy our days in relative peace and prosperity, many parts of the world are unable to do the same and I doubt that our future generations will have it as easy as we and our predescesors in the Western world have had things. Other countries are waking up and are making demands on resources and we can no longer simply take what we want from other countries. To my mind human beings are the biggest threat to the future of the world - Everywhere we go we have taken, taken, taken - destroyed or left a mess and moved on with little thought about what we are doing or the future.
Human beings may be physically weak, but because of the way our brains developed as we evolved, I believe, we are the most dangerous species on this planet and yes to my way of thinking we have become a plague. If we don't start to seriously do something to remedy the damage we are doing, natural forces and laws will do it for us. I would not mind one bit if human beings were eventually wiped off the face of the earth - We deserve it. Wise guardians we are not. As a species we are generally greedy, selfish, violent and intolerant - we can't help ourselves (and I include myself in this description).
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 11:36 AM

"Brave new World"

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top