Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 08:43 PM

Re: Are pets eating our valuable resources.(split from plague thread )

"When you think what your animal eats don't you have any conscience at all about the starving in this world? Pets in the West eat a heck of a lot better than people in many poor countries. I am sickened when I see food in supermarkets aimed at pets these days. Pampered pets make me SICK as do their SICK owners, who are evil, imo."

I love my dog and if, by feeding her kibble, then yes, I pamper her it is my business as she deserves to be pampered and I would rather have my dog - and my parrots, than humans such as yourself.

I found your comments very offensive.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 10:13 PM

Looks like Willow's enjoying winding everybody up once again, she knows there's lots of animal lovers here and has made it very clear in the past what she thinks of animals
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 11:34 PM

I think in a way that Willow is saying the same thing that PETA has been saying and supporting for the last 20 years, NO one should have the right to own or breed as they say "companion" animals.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 12:12 AM

My dogs are BARF fed (except Minxy who likes a lightly buttered teacake with blackcurrant conserve for elevensees then a hearty roast about 2pm followed by some spinach & ricotta pasta topped with garlic & herb Philadelphia around 6pm).... Oooops no thats me!! Minxy has BARF diet too
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 12:14 AM

Where do you procure this BARF Cassie? I'm presuming it's not what it sounds like
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 12:22 AM

Bones And Raw Food OB.. nothing factory produced.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Mick B....
There are ways to ensure donations are handled correctly. There are decent people that give up their time to actually go out to these countries and hand over the goods to the people, and help educate and - build, and supply schools with books and pens - in other words 'hands on' The 'little' charities are worth donating to..
Even if we give to "ethical" charities, I still doubt the longterm benefits. After all we can educate young people in the Third World, train them to be doctors, nurses and scientists. Then what happens? We (or our government) encourage them to migrate to the UK and work here. Double whammy - the poor countries lose a large proportion of the bright kids they have educated and trained, and we import them to save the effort of training our own people - so both the people of the poor countries lose out by having a shortage of skilled workers, and our own working class loses out by being undercut by immigrant labour.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
When you think what your animal eats don't you have any conscience at all about the starving in this world? Pets in the West eat a heck of a lot better than people in many poor countries. I am sickened when I see food in supermarkets aimed at pets these days. Pampered pets make me SICK as do their SICK owners, who are evil, imo.
I always think about the starving and cruelty in this world, there is far to much of it and if you look closely you will find that most are animals. They were here long before us humans and should be respected as they are senior to us.

Anyone who does not care about animals is self centered and not fit to be called human in my opinion.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 10:58 AM

Well being an animal lover and not knowing who Willow is, I was a bit shocked to read of this. I am also a humanitarian and would help anyone
if needed. The trouble with the human race is not our pets eating food its the Countries where there are millions of pounds in the Dictators Bank account whilst their people are starving. Have you ever seen a starved looking Dictator??
Most of the money in the World goes on guns, bullets and rockets. I feel terrible to see starving people around the World but they are normally in Countries where there are wars and loss of crops, droughts and terrible lack of education, especially the Women.
There are too many people in the World now so goodness knows what its going to be like in 50 years time. The animals and pets didnt cause that but humans did. People who dont like animals are generally isolated people because they are unable to show empathy to others including animals.
Thank goodness I have never been like that and will not change my ideas just because someone calls me a sick person. You need to look at yourself first before you start throwing stones.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 11:02 AM

I don't mind people not liking animals. That is their perogative just as I don't like children. But what makes Willow wrong is that she keeps pets which with her attitude to animals is very wrong and I pity any animal in her so called care.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top