Join for free
Page 5 of 16 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 09:56 PM

Re: Should we ban cat ownership.

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Seems a lot of people prefer dogs and cats to people.

Sad really.
The longer I live the more I feel that we are the animals and the animals are the civilised ones.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Should we ban cat ownership.

NO
Of course not because there is no such thing as cat ownership so you cannot ban it!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Should we ban cat ownership.

NO
I agree

NO!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 10:21 PM

Another No from me!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 10:26 PM

Case closed M'Lud - I reckon....
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 10:59 PM

Even though I can't stand the things, I would never intentionally hurt them. They do have a purpose, I guess.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 11:24 PM

Anyone concerned about the needless killing of birds should sign the petition to stop the annual bird shooting season in Malta, where approximately 16,000 birds are shot for sport each year.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Anyone concerned about the needless killing of birds should sign the petition to stop the annual bird shooting season in Malta, where approximately 16,000 birds are shot for sport each year.

I've read about that dongles, they kill all the songbirds even.
Wicked b***ards.

Not sure signing a petition will make a scrap of difference because other countries have their own 'customs' don't they, like the bull fighting and throwing a goat from a church steeple for fun in Spain.

Upsetting to even think about.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I've read about that dongles, they kill all the songbirds even.
Wicked b***ards.

Not sure signing a petition will make a scrap of difference because other countries have their own 'customs' don't they, like the bull fighting and throwing a goat from a church steeple for fun in Spain.
I don't think it will make a difference either Mups but it might shut the gobs of the anti cat brigade.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 08:19 AM

I dont hate cats.. I hate irresponsible owners with a passion.

Cats are animals and left to roam they will do whats in their nature.

If we as humans insist on bringing these animals into this world (by breeding ) and into our lives then we must assume responsibilty.
This means the same as having children or any other pet. It is up to us to ensure that their basic needs are met ie, food and water, a dry place to sleep and access to medical care when needed.

Sadly many cat owners seem to think that these rules do not apply to them. I see cats outside in all weather, if I left my dog in the garden in minus 10 or in snow or rain or really hot weather I would be prosecuted and rightly so, yet cats are left outside because there is still this idea that its what they want. If that is so why are they huddled on warm car bonnents, squashed into any draft free crevice they can find and generally seeking shelter?

Why are cats dying from drinking antifreeze run off if they are so street wise?

If dogs were left to run free the way cats do there would be trouble and the dogs would be taken away and the owners taken to court, but cats?
In fact in my view many owners break the welfare law 2006 which states that cats should have..
a suitable environment – place to live

for a suitable diet

to exhibit normal behaviour patterns

to be housed with, or apart from, other animals

to be protected from pain, suffering, injury and disease
Owners who allow cats to roam are breaking this part of the law daily. Yet nothing is done.

I dont think cats should be banned but I think the laws regarding ownership and care need to be tightened. More de-sexing, tighter controls on breeding and the right to roam as well as the amount of cats any one person can own would be a start.
Only when owner take their responsibilties seriously will there be any improvement to cat lives and the problems they cause but sadly the problem with many cat owners is that they are lazy and a cat that can be chucked out the door to walk itself is the easy option.

Page 5 of 16 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top