Join for free
Page 12 of 19 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 04:25 PM

Re: Second Referendum on Brexit ?

Originally Posted by JBR ->
To leave or to remain.

There is only one 'leave'.

Anything less is remaining, at least in part.
So you want a 'Hard' Brexit ?

Walk away......forget all legal commitments.
Drop every tie ?

So after a long long marriage, you would walk away ?

What about the kids, the credit cards, the joint bank accounts, the mortgage, the dvd collection, the photo albums ?

Simplified for you.......but it is NOT as simple as just walking away........if you like it or not.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 04:28 PM

To leave or to remain.

There is only one 'leave'.

Anything less is remaining, at least in part.

Of course, you're not really confused are you? You're just stirring it.
Hi

Neither Norway or Switzerland are in the EU.

Switzerland in particular is a very prosperous country with excellent public services.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
So you want a 'Hard' Brexit ?

Walk away......forget all legal commitments.
Drop every tie ?

So after a long long marriage, you would walk away ?

What about the kids, the credit cards, the joint bank accounts, the mortgage, the dvd collection, the photo albums ?

Simplified for you.......but it is NOT as simple as just walking away........if you like it or not.
You're flogging a dead horse. I should stick to talking to some easily persuaded snowflake.
Give it a rest.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by jbr ->
you're flogging a dead horse. You're not talking to some easily persuaded snowflake. Give it a rest.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 07:28 PM

You're flogging a dead horse. I should stick to talking to some easily persuaded snowflake.
Give it a rest.
The consequences are too much for you to comprehend maybe ?
Perhaps you still don't understand how the EU works.

And ignore anything other than your own views about it.

Or maybe you have delusions of grandeur, of days of yore.
Perhaps you are suffering a persecution complex.

Who can tell ?
Not I.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
The consequences are too much for you to comprehend maybe ?
Perhaps you still don't understand how the EU works.

And ignore anything other than your own views about it.

Or maybe you have delusions of grandeur, of days of yore.
Perhaps you are suffering a persecution complex.

Who can tell ?
Not I.
Wise decision.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 07:50 PM

Perhaps we should now consider what life will be like after we finally make the great escape.

Firstly, the Remainers are likely to blame every misfortune, be it late trains up to, and including, a collapse of overseas house buying, on the Brexiteers.

Perversely, these same people will claim that every success is down to the way they have affected the negotiations.

We thought that we had seen it all during Project Fear (which is still carrying on) but I don't think that we have seen the end of it by any stretch.

My thinking is that it won't be Brexit, which causes our downfall, but the ultra negative gratuitous finger pointing which will become endemic.

Anyway, my considered position has not changed. I want to LEAVE.

The only concession I would ask is that Remainers are offered assisted passage OUT of the UK.

I cannot visualise any way there could be appeasement between us.

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

03-08-2018, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Perhaps we should now consider what life will be like after we finally make the great escape.

Firstly, the Remainers are likely to blame every misfortune, be it late trains up to, and including, a collapse of overseas house buying, on the Brexiteers.

Perversely, these same people will claim that every success is down to the way they have affected the negotiations.

We thought that we had seen it all during Project Fear (which is still carrying on) but I don't think that we have seen the end of it by any stretch.

My thinking is that it won't be Brexit, which causes our downfall, but the ultra negative gratuitous finger pointing which will become endemic.

The only concession I would ask is that Remainers are offered assisted passage OUT of the UK.

That sounds a perfectly likely outcome.

Of course, there have always been disgruntled people in this country including, to be honest, myself.

I think that many, perhaps most, will see common sense once we are succeeding and even surpassing standards in many other EU countries.

Those who don't will either have to resign themselves to the situation or emigrate to where they feel more comfortable.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

Me too , if only May would get her finger out, although having said that , hell will freeze over first
Bruv
Kent UK

03-08-2018, 08:47 PM

Only time will tell.

I hope you are all right, but I fear not.

I hope we all live long enough to know.

Page 12 of 19 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top