Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mlee
CA USA
Mlee is female  Mlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2012, 11:39 PM

Each time I died:

Now. . . let's start off with a laugh

My brother was saying that when they stopped his heart for a procedure, he didn't see the white light at the end of the tunnel. . . that he was in darkness.
He asked me if that meant he was going the other way! LOL

It got me to thinking. I had one doctor tell me that they didn't think I was going to make it through the night.
One doctor told me that he lost me for a bit.
Another doctor . . . well, you get the idea.

I never seen that light either.
I don't wanna go the other way!

Has any of you seen that light?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2012, 11:45 PM

Re: Each time I died:

Not yet Mlee, but you've given me an idea, from now on I'm taking a flashlight to bed with me and leaving it under my pillow, I don't want to go the other way either.
Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2012, 11:52 PM

I read somewhere that the tunnel with the light at the end was a hallucination caused by oxygen deprivation to certain parts of the brain. I think in the operating theatre when they stop a persons heart, oxygen levels etc are maintained in a controlled way and this generally doesn't happen.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2012, 12:01 AM

I have had a lot of patients tell me stories, but i remain sceptical simply because i am an open minded person.
Mlee
CA USA
Mlee is female  Mlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2012, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Not yet Mlee, but you've given me an idea, from now on I'm taking a flashlight to bed with me and leaving it under my pillow, I don't want to go the other way either.
I laughed and honey came by. Read it to him and he laughed too.

Thanks for the hint. A flashlight it is.
Mlee
CA USA

16-04-2012, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Chippy ->
I read somewhere that the tunnel with the light at the end was a hallucination caused by oxygen deprivation to certain parts of the brain. I think in the operating theatre when they stop a persons heart, oxygen levels etc are maintained in a controlled way and this generally doesn't happen.
I remember something about that too.

During my first encounter with cancer, my mom got me into meditation.
The doctors had given up on me and told me straight out that there was nothing they more they could do.

I truly believe the meditation worked the miracle.
Through meditation, I did see the white light.
Not oxygen deprived.

I'll tell my brother what you said. Make him happy.
Mlee
CA USA

16-04-2012, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Kitty ->
I have had a lot of patients tell me stories, but i remain sceptical simply because i am an open minded person.
Oh Kitty,
There are so many stories you could share about what the patients have said. It would be great.
You needn't put their name in. Just the stories.

Please. . .please. . .please.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

16-04-2012, 08:51 AM

I believe the light some people claim to see is something to do with the brain beginning to shut down.

One actually dies when there is no possibility of resuscitation.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2012, 09:31 AM

I'm not into harp music, so I'm going 'downstairs' - its a lot warmer down there too!!!
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2012, 01:07 PM

I did indeed go somewhere in between.. it was the strangest thing but id never felt so warm & calm ever and I just remember being ever so excited to get there. I was irritated by the voices that kept repeating my name and I kept walking to the bright warmth then I heard another voice and ive no idea who it was but I got scared and then opened my eyes and I was completely relieved and crying my eyes out, not in a hysterical way but sobbing and totally exhausted. I had another 15 mins as they got me into the ambulance and then the blues & twos to the hospital and I felt like a bystander and as the paramedic kept asking my name and silly questions id waft back and answer total rubbish then fade again.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top