Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2017, 11:28 AM

Re: Rat in the garden

You are right Tiff ratus is back this morning racing up and down and running right past the traps which I set in his runs .
The bait is gone but suffice to say he is outside !
I will resposion them and try again .
I really don't want to poison him it's so cruel .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2017, 12:44 PM

Success!
But not what i was expecting two baby Ratus arghhh!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2017, 03:17 PM

Wow. That's an excellent start.
Don't forget to wear some stout gloves.

Someone told me once, that birds and wild critters are very suspicious of anything new suddenly appearing - like a different bird table for example - and often give them a wide berth for a few days until they get used to it being there.
So I think that is really good you have caught two already and
perhaps it is because the youngsters are more adventurous than the older, wiser ones?

Anyway, well done you.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2017, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Success!
But not what i was expecting two baby Ratus arghhh!
The baby rats don't know about traps. They are rather cute though. Shows there are more there than the odd one too.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

28-11-2017, 04:49 PM

Caught another baby this afternoon !
They are cute and seem very healthy but now they are being cute elsewhere !
Three down.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2017, 05:32 PM

Caught another baby this afternoon !
They are cute and seem very healthy but now they are being cute elsewhere !
Three down.
Where are they going?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

29-11-2017, 11:14 AM

I drove them away from here and let them loose not far from a rather mucky old farmyard where no doubt they will find something to eat.
Caught another one this morning .
It's obvious they are everywhere . I think they have moved in from the goat shed next door . The people have moved their goats elsewhere so there they have lost a food source.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 11:43 AM

The pics on here make me squirm. I just hate rats, especially after seeing one in my hen coop and a little group of them playing under a bird food station thing l had.
Oh!...and then there was the big one by my dustbin, sitting like a squirell on its hind legs chomping on food!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

29-11-2017, 12:23 PM

I drove them away from here and let them loose not far from a rather mucky old farmyard where no doubt they will find something to eat.
Caught another one this morning .
It's obvious they are everywhere . I think they have moved in from the goat shed next door . The people have moved their goats elsewhere so there they have lost a food source.
They'll be fine there, sounds like a good place to leave them.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

29-11-2017, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
The pics on here make me squirm. I just hate rats, especially after seeing one in my hen coop and a little group of them playing under a bird food station thing l had.
Oh!...and then there was the big one by my dustbin, sitting like a squirell on its hind legs chomping on food!
The tame fancy rats make lovely pets. If handled from very young & trained they are rather sweet. We had several over the years, all females, when my Son was a lad, they used to run around the living room & if the sensed danger would run to the nearest human & climb onto our shoulders, they were very cute, but they only live a couple of years & Son got so upset when they died we said no more.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	2007-10-21-2041-32.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	4596  

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top