Join for free
Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2015, 11:05 PM

Re: Depression

Hi Tess

It's tempting to offer sympathies and empathies but I'm not going to. If you are depressed then there is some imbalance in your mind and/or body and you should resolve to not accept that situation and fight back. I don't mean girding up your loins and trying to be positive in the face of the condition hoping that will power alone will be enough. It clearly won't. I mean trying something you probably have never done before, something that will open up a part of you that you were probably unaware of.

So here is my suggestion for you. Stare at the sun ! Nature is the healer, allow it to do its thing.

Why am I suggesting this?

Because there exists in your head something called the pineal gland. It is stimulated by light coming in through your eyes. For the most part it lies dormant for most people.
Once you start sun-gazing . . . something happens !

Your mind will become much more active, much sharper, more aware, more in-tune with Nature. Somehow you gain a different perspective on the world. I suspect that more goes on than that but I can't confirm.

Now obviously don't gaze at the sun when it is at full strength and high in the sky. Do it early in the morning or as the sun is going down. Find a comfortable place to sit or stand, then just relax your eyes and just stare at the sun for a few continuous minutes. You shouldn't have to squint and it shouldn't make your eyes water.

This is a practice called sun-gazing.

After a minute or so the sun starts to look like a photo negative. The more you do it the more accustomed you become and the longer you can gaze for the next time.
Start small and work up at your own pace.

Think of this as cleaning the darkness from your mind and banishing the shadows. I believe you will discover a new part of YOU.

Work through the website below.

http://solarhealing.com/process/

Good luck and enjoy the adventure
Tess
Midlothian Scotland UK
Tess is female  Tess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2015, 11:25 PM

I had no idea members were still commenting on this thread. I would just like to say that I work towards banishing depression every day of my life. I chose to get fit and healthy and to avoid alcohol as advised by my GP.
I did not want to take anti depressants as I tried one tablet and did not like the way it affected me.......dizzy and nauseous.
I also read many self help books and meditate every day.
The sun gazing sounds very interesting but would not suit me as I have a condition called holmes aide syndrome which affects my eyes and my left pupil does not dilate. I have to wear tinted glasses indoors and sunglasses outdoors. This condition appeared suddenly overnight 15 months ago there was no cause and there is no treatment.
Thank you for your comments and concern.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 06:01 AM

Take care Tess, your not alone in this, i certainly understsnd. Wished i could get an answer, but there is no one size fits all fix.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 08:51 AM

Hi Tess . Sounds like you are doing all the right things and I wish you well. Meditation is something I haven't tried but some people swear by it. I understand what you say about medication. I was very rough the first week and was tempted to stop taking them, but by the next week I did feel better. That apparently is the case with most antidepressants. They can help you to get a bit stronger again, but I understand some people don't like them. Keep doing what you're doing and you deserve to keep well
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Tess ->
Every day silently screaming
Every day crying without tears
Every day existing without living
I have never suffered from depression in my life and because of that have never in a way understood people who have as Churchill describe suffered the "black dog"

Think these 3 lines you posted have made me understand it a lot better.

I feel for yours and others pain who suffer in this.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
I have never suffered from depression in my life and because of that have never in a way understood people who have as Churchill describe suffered the "black dog"

Think these 3 lines you posted have made me understand it a lot better.

I feel for yours and others pain who suffer in this.
Yes Sue, I think Tess has described it perfectly with those three sentences.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 12:55 PM

Black dogs are no fun-been there. I guess many of us that have lost a loved one go through some kind of depression.

Some things one gets through but never over.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 01:03 PM

It strikes out of the blue and in my case i had no cause. At my peak of health, fitness, in a job i loved just became a father everything going my way.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 01:14 PM

To the tune of Isrealites-Desmond Dekker?

Get up in the morning

Thinking f3ck you sir

Why should I get out of my bed

oh oh the

But the odd thing is that one sometimes wakes up and thinks-hey life ain`t too bad.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
and I hope you have many many happy birthdays to come.
I bloody well intend to try Cass!
My family has lost two members to suicide, an aunt and an uncle that I never actually met.

Interesting thing about sunlight; I was born in Malta, which is in the Mediterranean and bathed in sunlight most of the year.

I've always felt happiest in the sun and attributed it to my Mediterranean birthplace but it may simply be just then sun that does it for me.

I've noticed that my daughter gets moody when there's been no sun for a while, just like I still do. stevmk2

Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top