Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 09:49 AM

how often do you eat out

I probably eat out once a month , we have a great pub which has themed nights , cost is £7 for a great meal and a drink , food is good too . Sometimes a friend and I have a meal each and a bottle of wine for £20 . Good hardys wine it is too.

I've been to expensive restaurants and after paying out £30 ish come away thinking it was nice but expensive .

Went for tapas meal with 6 friends , the dishes were so tiny , and hardly anything to eat , the bill came to £120 and I was not impressed for the cost .

I love the odd Chinese take away , also Indian takeaway .

Nothing nicer than getting dressed up and going out to eat in my opinion
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 09:53 AM

Re: how often do you eat out

been several times in the last couple of weeks trying to build up some body weight as I lost so much due to hospitalisation
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 09:59 AM

I love getting dressed up to and going for a meal with friends..I usually go once a month at least and we have a meal for two with wine for £20 its very good and the atmosphere is nice as well..
I went out for a special meal with family a while back now and the menu was awful the place had changed it from their usual one and the cost of the meal for all of us was expensive..a shame really as I didnt think it was worth it!
I love going to Wetherspoons or Marstons for a meal out,pleasant surroundings and good food too
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 10:25 AM

We go out eating usually on Thursdays but sometimes on Saturdays as well. The local garden centre does really cheap meals and good quality too. Usually we go to a pub where I can get a pint.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
We go out eating usually on Thursdays but sometimes on Saturdays as well. The local garden centre does really cheap meals and good quality too. Usually we go to a pub where I can get a pint.
Same here Allan, out with my daughter Thursday then Saturday with my hubby brother and S-I-L and as you said our garden centre too does some good meals, hubby and I often have Mini Fish & Chips there and it costs £13 something for the 2 of us not bad and scrummy
Tess
Midlothian Scotland UK
Tess is female  Tess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 10:45 AM

I very very very rarely eat out. I like to know exactly what I'm eating and that it has been cooked in a healthy way. However recently I was persuaded by work colleagues to attend a leaving do for a colleague. It was Italian food. This dish was highly recommended by others who were in the party of 12, it was pasta with a haggis and chorizo sauce I thought I would give it a try as it sounded different. It was awful like something thrown together when money was tight using up leftovers. That was all I had no starter no dessert others had a starter and a dessert or just a starter. Most had a drink or two I don't drink so had iced water. Then they decided to split the bill and it cost me £20......I was raging then and nearly 2 weeks later I'm still raging when I think about it. Oh how I wish I had stuck to my guns and stayed at home. What a waste of my hard earned money.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 10:59 AM

Not been out for a meal for many years.
Don't particularly enjoy it anyway. I mean you have to wear proper clothes and you can't burp or lick your plates ... well I guess you can but I'd feel slightly embarrassed.

Hmmmmm ... maybe I need counselling to overcome this problem
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 11:15 AM

Only on holidays, or occasionally for a pub meal when we're away for a few days in the camper. There aren't many eateries here - at least not without travelling some way.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 12:04 PM

I have lunch out quite frequently. Like Alan said, mostly at garden centres or suchlike, but I can't remember when I last had an evening meal out.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 12:27 PM

For many years I would not go eat out as I had a social fobia.
When I finally found the reason and cure, try and stop me going and eating out and other things.
My daughter often took my wife and I to local carveries that I liked.
But as my wife got more disabled, that stopped.
All we do now is when we go shopping on Tuesday's at Sainsburys, we pop along the road to Morrison's for lunch.
You may ask, "why not lunch at Sainsburys". Well their restaurant is upstairs and the lift is not very reliable (wife in mobility scooter) both wife and daughter are paranoid about the lift.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top