Join for free
Page 6 of 370 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 10:59 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Titus ->
Ran 3 miles today and had a 1 hour gym session yesterday.
Nice work Richard, either use it or lose it!
Day off for me today, but back in the saddle tomorrow.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 11:21 AM

Walked 3 miles Monday morning and cycled 10 miles Monday afternoon. Nothing yesterday. Just about to go and walk the same 3 miles as was walked on Monday.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Walked 3 miles Monday morning and cycled 10 miles Monday afternoon. Nothing yesterday. Just about to go and walk the same 3 miles as was walked on Monday.
Make sure you are well wrapped up Mart, if your weather is owt' like my weather. Enjoy the walk..
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 02:23 PM

Started a new diet day before yesterday as I had slipped well and truly off the diet wagon. This new diet consists of ...

Breakfast: Fruit
Lunch: Salad Sarnie With Seeded Bread
Dinner: Beans And Toast Or Similar (after running)
Supper: Fruit Or A Few Rice Cakes

Yesterday I ran 6 miles and will try and do the same today plus I did some exercising which included press-ups and sit-ups.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Make sure you are well wrapped up Mart, if your weather is owt' like my weather. Enjoy the walk..
It's always a job to decide what to wear when out walking or on the bike. If feels cold to start with and after a mile or two, it can get to feel quite warm. Must be the same on a run?

Just got back from a 10 mile bike ride. Not pushing too hard though. It was quite pleasant to be out today with the Sun shining.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 05:29 PM

Ten days on....and I'm feeling much better. Still not 100% but still determined to get there. I'm walking for half an hour, there and back again, every day if possible.
Taking Metatone tonic three or four times a day too, which is meant to be good.
Doing a stretch routine each morning which involves touching the floor with flat hands, and high kicks...Woo Hoo!!!!!
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Ten days on....and I'm feeling much better. Still not 100% but still determined to get there. I'm walking for half an hour, there and back again, every day if possible.
Taking Metatone tonic three or four times a day too, which is meant to be good.
Doing a stretch routine each morning which involves touching the floor with flat hands, and high kicks...Woo Hoo!!!!!
Blimey, ruthio, you sound in excellent form !!! My Mum used to swear by Metatone tonic.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Blimey, ruthio, you sound in excellent form !!! My Mum used to swear by Metatone tonic.
Thanks cranberry, so did mine

It's not much compared with these runners and cyclists, but when I look back a few months it's a great deal better.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

18-02-2016, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
It's always a job to decide what to wear when out walking or on the bike. If feels cold to start with and after a mile or two, it can get to feel quite warm. Must be the same on a run?
Just got back from a 10 mile bike ride. Not pushing too hard though. It was quite pleasant to be out today with the Sun shining.
Very difficult to get it right Mart, especially in the winter. It can be very uncomfortable after a couple of miles wearing a top and gloves that you didn't need. Dangerous too if you dehydrate due to excessive sweating.

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Thanks cranberry, so did mine

It's not much compared with these runners and cyclists, but when I look back a few months it's a great deal better.
It's relative Ruthio, there will always people who do more than you, and people who do less, we are all different and it is so miserable and depressing sitting on the injured bench. A steady build up is the best way. Your body is capable of some remarkable things but it needs time to adjust. Well done so far.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

18-02-2016, 09:21 PM

Teeshirt, windproof top and shorts was the right apparel to wear on a six mile early morning run today. What I didn't reckon on was the coating of ice that covered roads and footpaths, I was lucky to get back home without incident. The sunrise was quite spectacular though and a couple of hours later would have been perfect for running, but I like to go out early while there is less traffic.

I am having some problems though - I started doing pressups again about six months ago, I had been advised not to do them following my Heart Attack last year but figured that it was time to reinstate them. I managed to work up to fifteen after a couple of weeks, but I can still only manage fifteen or sixteen, I would have thought I'd at least be up to twenty by now. Any ideas?

Page 6 of 370 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top