Join for free
Page 49 of 370 « First < 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 12:00 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Good to know that in most cases a body will adapt to hard exercise. Only last week I jogged the same route and was exhausted. Next day I was aching like hell. This week though no aches and pains at all. Might even jog again today. The body is a remarkable machine though it does wear out in the end obviously.
EvelynKish
New Member!
United States
EvelynKish is female 

06-05-2017, 12:33 PM

I am very lazy to do exercise.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 05:17 PM

Remembered to reinstate my Wii Fit

Crikey, looking at the instruction manuals was one Hell of a workout

Anyway it works and I started with bowling to familiarise myself with the control thingie ... not used it for a number of years.

Then ... tennis my favourite.
One game of doubles was quite enough thank you ... lol

But I did eventually remember how to serve an ace.

OK it's not like proper excercise but you have to keep your wits about you.

exhausted
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 05:34 PM

Did 3 miles last night and felt dreadful. Gonna attempt it again this evening I think. So easy to put weight on ain't it. Depressing.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
So easy to put weight on ain't it. Depressing.

yes

. .
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2017, 03:54 PM

Exercise is essential in some shape or form for everybody, but it's keeping an eye on the diet which is the main issue when trying to keep in shape.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2017, 05:31 PM

Recently I went to a different gym and was saying how much I enjoyed the machines. They give a much harder workout. Well, I was at my old gym today (easier to go there and then travel to where I needed to be later on in the afternoon) and I was very surprised at how easy the machines there appeared to be after going to the new place for a few weeks.

Today I was having to do sets of 30 to 50 at the old gym to feel like I was actually doing something, whereas at the new one a set of around 10 to 15 is quite fatiguing! The wonders of technology...
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

10-05-2017, 09:48 PM

I threw caution to the wind today as the weather was so inviting. Ran 6 miles on the road which is the furthest I have run this year. Encouragingly it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and no knee pain . Looks like I can step things up gradually and slim down in the process.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 09:23 AM

I had a couple of off-road bike rides with my 47 year old son last week. He hasn't been keeping up his riding lately so he's not quite at peak. This meant I was able to keep up and sometimes even go into the lead when going up the hills. There's a particularly steep one to tackle early on in the ride and that one really gets the respiratory organs going and the leg muscles burning.

I'm the tender age of 72 now and quite proud of still being able to keep up with younger people in both walking for miles briskly and cycling. This can't last too much longer can it? I wonder if they are keeping the speed down on purpose, just to be kind and respectful to their old Dad?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

11-05-2017, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I had a couple of off-road bike rides with my 47 year old son last week. He hasn't been keeping up his riding lately so he's not quite at peak. This meant I was able to keep up and sometimes even go into the lead when going up the hills. There's a particularly steep one to tackle early on in the ride and that one really gets the respiratory organs going and the leg muscles burning.

I'm the tender age of 72 now and quite proud of still being able to keep up with younger people in both walking for miles briskly and cycling. This can't last too much longer can it? I wonder if they are keeping the speed down on purpose, just to be kind and respectful to their old Dad?
Well done. Plenty of extremely fit men in their 70s these days . When the motivation wanes the rot sets in I find.

Page 49 of 370 « First < 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top