Join for free
Page 7 of 21 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 11:39 AM

Re: Chemotherapy

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Have been having that done weekly for the past 9 months. My stomach is beginning to feel like a pin cushion or dart board.
I used to have an anti-sickness injection in my stomach and that used to hurt, that has stopped now, I’m pleased to say! I can imagine how you feel Uncle J!
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

My heart goes out to all of you with cancer.

I am not sure that I could cope.

I can cope with anything else, anything I can hit.

I am not scared scared of terrorists, muggers with knives etc.

Down they go and sod them.

I am scared of Cancer ,it is not in my control.

You are much braver than I am.
I’m not at all brave Swimmy but I’m surrounded by positive people, my family, the nurses, friends, including those here on the forum. Our lives are in the hands of the doctors and nurses, my life is quite regimental at the moment with regular appointments at the hospitals, I miss the freedom to be able to go on holiday when I like but I still get out each day for which I am thankful.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 01:52 PM

Yes, you're right: we have to put our lives in the hands of the experts.

I struggled out to the chemist today but again had to use the bench halfway there twice again. I've just got no energy. I swear I was getting better after my last lot of normal chemo, but this special chemo has knocked me for six. I've got a much reduced appetite which is welcome, but yesterday was almost floored by a migraine and shimmering lights (might not have had anything to do with the chemo, though).

Next week I resume my normal chemo on Wednesday after visiting the nurse for bloods on Monday and seeing the Consultant on Tuesday. I hope there is nothing going on with my back cancer-wise - it has been stiff and sore lately.
Val J
East Yorkshire

19-05-2018, 01:45 PM

Hope you’re feeling better today Ffosse. You sound to have a busy week ahead, I just have my CT scan on Tuesday and then my line flush Friday, so not too busy for me. I’m missing the steroids I’ve had up to now, they gave me a boost for those three days, can’t think why I’ve not had any this time, maybe I’ve had my ration!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 01:58 PM

Be thankful - it'll mean your course is winding down.
Val J
East Yorkshire

19-05-2018, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Be thankful - it'll mean your course is winding down.
I’m now on what they call maintenance, they have removed one of my chemo drugs but not much else has changed.
Val J
East Yorkshire

22-05-2018, 07:30 PM

I had my CT scan this afternoon and it was nothing like I remember my last one. They pumped something into my arm, they said I would get a warm feeling but it was hot and then my heart started beating really fast and I thought I was going to pass out. Fortunately using all my concentration I managed to complete the scan, I really didn’t want to abort it and have to have another! I feel ok now but it will be early July before I get the results.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
I had my CT scan this afternoon and it was nothing like I remember my last one. They pumped something into my arm, they said I would get a warm feeling but it was hot and then my heart started beating really fast and I thought I was going to pass out. Fortunately using all my concentration I managed to complete the scan, I really didn’t want to abort it and have to have another! I feel ok now but it will be early July before I get the results.
Oh, Val you poor thing, I would be scared too, but you did it, well done. Why the long wait for results? Do they have to all gather and have a consultation first? Then make decisions, eventually relating them to you. I suppose there is a reason.
Anyway, you can relax now.
Val J
East Yorkshire

22-05-2018, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Oh, Val you poor thing, I would be scared too, but you did it, well done. Why the long wait for results? Do they have to all gather and have a consultation first? Then make decisions, eventually relating them to you. I suppose there is a reason.
Anyway, you can relax now.
Shortage of consultants I think Sweetie.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Shortage of consultants I think Sweetie.
Oh my, that is awful. Then you have to wait, worrying, unwell, and maybe getting depressed awaiting results.
Virtual hugs being sent.

Page 7 of 21 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top