Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2017, 12:05 AM

Can l Tell you About Max The Cat, As He Is Just Unbelievable!

I am not a great lover of cats but Max has touched my heart!

My daughter’s new boyfriend Jamie got a call from a vet recently to say he had got Max his cat.

This was a bit of a shock as Max had gone missing nearly two years ago! Jamie who lives in London and his ex girlfriend had got Max as a kitten and then one day when he was about 2 years old, Max just disappeared. Jamie and his girlfriend were distraught and did everything to find him but without any luck.

You can imagine his shock when the vet rang Jamie, who was now back living with his mother and she wouldn’t let him have the cat.
It seems Max was living on the streets of London for all that time until he was handed in to the vets. Luckily, he was microchipped.

Instead, my daughter who also lives in London took Max in whilst they found a new home for Max. Whilst there, he disappeared again for a few days but came back.

I was telling my other daughter Melanie, who has two cats about Max and that he needed a home.
She said, ‘ls he black with green eyes?’ I said, ‘Yes, how do you know?’
She said, ‘l didn’t, l was only thinking the other day, l would love a black cat with green eyes as they are witches’ cats’!

That was great and the plan was, Jamie would get Max neutered and bring him here until my daughter could have him the next day.

Jamie, brought Max here the day before he was to go to my daughter’s and he was neutered locally. He was also tested for cat A.I.D.S as he had been living on the streets of London.

Max liked it here and loved going round my garden but was supervised at all times. He also loved going up on the window in the bedroom and sleeping there.

The next day, my daughter came to collect him. Jamie, showed Melanie, Max’s party trick. If you offered him a treat, he would put up his paw for you to shake!!

Melanie kept Max in and her three sons became very attached to him. Max wanted to go out but they wouldn’t let him. Then one day, he snook out and was missing again. We were all sad as he’s a beautiful cat.

Melanie went out looking for him and couldn’t find him. I also went out looking in her area, feeling very foolish, calling, ‘Max, puss puss’ and strangers looking at me oddly!

The days went by and although l didn’t think he must be dead as he seemed to be a survivor, l did worry. With the terrific snow last weekend, l was very concerned.

Then miraculously, on Thursday, Jamie had a phone call. Max had been found by a veterinary nurse in a village some six miles away from Melanie’s house but not far from me!

Melanie went to collect Max and the vet said, he wouldn’t come out of the cage but when he saw Melanie, he jumped into her arms!

He is now at home and not allowed out at the moment. He stays near Melanie all the time and loves her boys too!

The thing is. Will Max always be a wanderer or will he settle eventually?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2017, 12:13 AM

Re: Can l Tell you About Max The Cat, As He Is Just Unbelievable!

He certainly has got 7 lives Art, but he's zipping through them now I should think.

I am surprised he still stays away now he is neutered.

Perhaps you daughter could do what a friend of mine did for her cats, and that was build something like a bird aviary in their garden. Her hubby built it around an old tree, so the cats had the tree to climb and scratch on. They had shelves to sit on and a shelter from the elements one end. They were out all day, then came back indoors at night. They loved it, and were safe as well.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2017, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
He certainly has got 7 lives Art, but he's zipping through them now I should think.

I am surprised he still stays away now he is neutered.

Perhaps you daughter could do what a friend of mine did for her cats, and that was build something like a bird aviary in their garden. Her hubby built it around an old tree, so the cats had the tree to climb and scratch on. They had shelves to sit on and a shelter from the elements one end. They were out all day, then came back indoors at night. They loved it, and were safe as well.
Mups, l wondered if his hormones were still in his system when he disappeared? He was gone for over two weeks and must’ve had a fight as one of his ears was damaged.

The vet wondered if he had got in a car to have travelled so far?
I even wondered, if he was trying to get back here to find Jamie as where he was found was a hamlet very near to me.
noolsg
Kildare Ireland
noolsg is female  noolsg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2017, 12:24 AM

What an amazing story. I have seen those cat aviarys and they are brilliant
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

17-12-2017, 12:28 AM

This is Max. This pic doesn’t do him justice as he is a big cat!
Look at those beautiful eyes!!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	B90D4311-BB61-49C3-AE0E-A126C5C8DCEC.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	4742  
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2017, 12:50 AM

Max looks just like our two cats.

It seems the secret to keeping max is to give him enough freedom to come and go. Black cats are more adventurous than most. Perhaps max flew on a witches broomstick?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2017, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's given me an idea!

Our two young kittens (both are witches' cats!) have not been allowed out yet (they are too young), but I fear that when they are they may run away.

What a good idea to build a 'catiary' as described above. It could be built right up to our back door, where there is a cat flap. It would need to have a separate door, of course, to allow us out into the rest of the garden.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2017, 01:08 AM

I do think cats need freedom to come and go. It's not their nature to be hemmed in, they have to choose you.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2017, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That's given me an idea!

Our two young kittens (both are witches' cats!) have not been allowed out yet (they are too young), but I fear that when they are they may run away.

What a good idea to build a 'catiary' as described above. It could be built right up to our back door, where there is a cat flap. It would need to have a separate door, of course, to allow us out into the rest of the garden.

Sounds a good idea JBR. You can make it any size or shape to fit your garden, and put interesting things in there for them to climb and play with, and sharpen their claws on.

You'd obviously need a big door for you to get in and out to clean out, but the cat flap from the house sounds ideal.
At least you know they will be safe.

Sounds like you have just given yourself a project for spring.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

17-12-2017, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I do think cats need freedom to come and go. It's not their nature to be hemmed in, they have to choose you.

I suppose it depends on where you live partly.
My friend chose to build the 'cattery' because she'd two killed on the road outside her bungalow, and didn't want to risk it happening any more.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top