Join for free
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 03:29 PM

Re: Do You Think Old People Look Ridiculous Driving Sports Cars?

I must admit whenever I see a sports car I always assume it is going to be a young, fit Adonis who gets out, but no usually someone a lot older. If they can afford it why not go for it, I bet they don't worry what any one thinks anyway.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Absolutely not !
We are old not dead .

I agree, Muddy.

If it has always been their hobby, why on earth shouldn't someone drive a sports car just because they are a little older than they were.
Do old fishermen give up their hobby, or old golfers, or old anyone else, so why should a car fanatic stop dreaming, just because to appease onlookers?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 03:51 PM

When I was 38 I had a purple spitfire , driving through town one hot day with the top down I was waiting to pull out from a busy junction when two yobs decided to jump into the car , one jumped on the back as the other tried to jump into the passenger seat , I pulled away so fast they both fell into the road . I did laugh afterwards but it did shake me up .

My handsome son drives a Porsche , he arrived to take me out one morning for a drive with the top down . We laughed as I said people would think either mummy has bought the car or he's got a really old girlfriend .

Rosie who's 6 goes off with him for a drive taking her teddies with her , she now says she's having a Porsche for her first car

I wouldn't want one now because I'd feel I'd have to wear my make up just to go out to get bread and milk
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
It's the older age group who have the extra disposable income to afford such cars, plus years of no claims on insurance, edit just spotted Tiffs post,

I guess we will be required to only wear beige clothing and nothing that looks vaguely 21st century.
When ever we see a really 'posh' sports car, we, Daughter & I, always look to see that the driver looks like, sometimes we are rewarded with a rather tasty driver, but mostly it's old guys.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Should you take your age into consideration when deciding what car to buy?
Hi Arty, are you trying to tell me I shouldn't buy that Morgan +4 that I've wanted to own since I was a spoty teenager

Originally Posted by Mups ->
No, I don't think so at all.
If I'd always like that sort of car, I don't see why I should feel obliged to give up the pleasure of owning/driving one, just to appease a total strangers opinion of my image. Blow that!
Yes Mups, I'm with you on this completely. As it happens now is the only time in my life when I could actually afford a Morgan +4 (Or even a +8) however I will never have one now for all sorts of reasons, chief of which is the fact that my dogs wouldn't fit in

But if I didn't have a wife and two huge dogs and a bad back I would likely be driving around in one now
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 04:39 PM

When l was in my late 50's, we had a black Porsche Carrera and a black Range Rover Vogue.
I have to say, at that age, I felt a bit embarrassed driving the Porsche but l loved driving the Range Rover.
Please don't think l am showing off because that was then and these days the bus does me just as well!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Hi Arty, are you trying to tell me I shouldn't buy that Morgan +4 that I've wanted to own since I was a spoty teenager

Yes Mups, I'm with you on this completely. As it happens now is the only time in my life when I could actually afford a Morgan +4 (Or even a +8) however I will never have one now for all sorts of reasons, chief of which is the fact that my dogs wouldn't fit in

But if I didn't have a wife and two huge dogs and a bad back I would likely be driving around in one now
Losos, l hate to tell you but old drivers of sports cars are described as 'Tools'!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
When l was in my late 50's, we had a black Porsche Carrera and a black Range Rover Vogue.

Please don't think l am showing off because that was then and these days the bus does me just as well!!
But can't be more than two or three years ago
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 10:12 PM

I can't remember the last time I saw a young person driving a sports car..... isn't it a mid-life crisis purchase?
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 10:14 PM

How do people feel about a 77 year old riding a 1500cc Goldwing?

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top