Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 10:02 PM

Re: Do You Have Fridge Magnets?

Originally Posted by Adanac ->
No, have not, my cousin moved there and she sent the magnet, I also have a Christmas ornament from Harrods, I am not crazy about the colour but it is from Harrods after all.

Maybe one day I will go to London, have a standing invite to stay with my cousin.
Oh do try

Im a Londoner by birth and lived there till 12 years ago. I love the place

Funnily enough , I took a friend from here over for a visit and she also bought Christmas decorations from Harrods as gifts for family and friends. Its also something I do, buy a tree bauble from there whenever I can
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 10:29 AM

My husband is a Londoner by birth and couldn't wait to leave the place. It is interesting to visit but I would detest living in a city.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
My husband is a Londoner by birth and couldn't wait to leave the place. It is interesting to visit but I would detest living in a city.
But then you grew up on an Island so city living isn't in your blood

Having been born and bred a Londoner, I found rural living a challenge and for years I wanted home

Its just what you are used to
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
But then you grew up on an Island so city living isn't in your blood

Having been born and bred a Londoner, I found rural living a challenge and for years I wanted home

Its just what you are used to
My husband much prefers a rural existence to living in a city, even though he was a born and bred Londoner.
Mel15
Nowhere

18-04-2018, 12:58 PM

And I'm now the same as your husband , I've got used to rural living, and I bet you I'm more rural then you

But have you yourself ever lived in a big city ?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

18-04-2018, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
And I'm now the same as your husband , I've got used to rural living, and I bet you I'm more rural then you

But have you yourself ever lived in a big city ?
We lived in Bath for five years, but on the outskirts, and we lived in the town of St Neots for six years. It was great to move into a very rural area in which our previous property was located. We now live in a semi-rural village with some great views of mountains and hills.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top