Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 03:33 PM

Re: Minimal, in between or cluttered.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I was thinking the same.
...but were too polite to ask LD
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 03:37 PM

I would say very minimalist with a cluttered loft.

I have to come clean Longdogs, my loft is full as well,i did get rid of a lot,gave to charity,furniture helpline and gave a lot to my son and his girlfriend, ..i agree Meg,all the hard work is done,so is mine,apart from my loft,
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 03:56 PM

At heart Im a minimalist, unfortunately Im married to a hoarder and a buyer of STUFF

I have a house full of STUFF, does my head in

I had a good rake out of the living room and our bedroom and cleared out loads, and I look around now and I see that STUFF has crept back in

Im fighting a losing battle to STUFF
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 04:35 PM

Minimal at the moment. Havent even got carpets or blinds. Only 1 knife, fork, spoon and 2 plates. 3 mugs and 2 cereal/soup bowls. A two seater sofa, a bed and a wardrobe. Fridge freezer, cooker and washing machine.
Cannot buy anything till I know where I am going to be living. Family still pushing me to move closer.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
...but were too polite to ask LD
I would have had to ask eventually.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I have to come clean Longdogs, my loft is full as well,i did get rid of a lot,gave to charity,furniture helpline and gave a lot to my son and his girlfriend, ..i agree Meg,all the hard work is done,so is mine,apart from my loft,
Your secret is safe with us Pauline.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

31-05-2018, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
At heart Im a minimalist, unfortunately Im married to a hoarder and a buyer of STUFF

I had a good rake out of the living room and our bedroom and cleared out loads, and I look around now and I see that STUFF has crept back in

Thing is, I do the vacuuming and I hate having to hoover around obstacles. Luckily neither of us are hoarders, that would do my head in too.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 08:40 PM

My home is cluttered, I have so much stuff from relatives that have passed away. I just start to sort through one lot, then another passes. It is an emotional and very time-consuming job sorting through it all.
But, I will get there in the end - I hope
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

31-05-2018, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
My home is cluttered, I have so much stuff from relatives that have passed away. I just start to sort through one lot, then another passes. It is an emotional and very time-consuming job sorting through it all.
But, I will get there in the end - I hope
I can understand not wanting to throw things away. Even the ssilly little things become important.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 09:06 PM

Thing is, I do the vacuuming and I hate having to hoover around obstacles. Luckily neither of us are hoarders, that would do my head in too.
Ive given up

If he says the place is looking a mess I tell him where the vacuum is and leave him to get on with it

what really does my head in is when he disturbs the dust to show me its there. I know its there, Id shift it if I didnt have to lift and re home 1001 things belonging to him that don't belong in a house in the first place

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top