Join for free
Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2018, 06:45 PM

Re: Tummy Bloating

Thanks for your comments Wildblueberry.

In terms of the bread making, may I ask if you have a food mixer, one with a dough hook?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 07:33 AM

I don't feel too bad at the moment Blue.

I saw my GP the other day, had Blood Test for Food Intolenance etc. and it came back normal.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 09:27 AM

Hi Susie, if it's a food intolerance then you would be un-bloated in the morning before you eat and feel bloated pretty fast after eating. If it's gluten then some people (like me) have extreme sensitivity to even a hint of the stuff. Lots of grains that are naturally gluten free are contaminated during processing. But you'd have a big distinction between before eating and after eating (like pumping up a beach ball).

Allergy tests are usually a waste of time I've found. They don't take account of combination allergies where you need two variables to cause a reaction. Could be worth going on a bland food diet to eliminate that as a reason.

Bloating has all sorts of other causes. Some serious some benign.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I don't feel too bad at the moment Blue.

I saw my GP the other day, had Blood Test for Food Intolenance etc. and it came back normal.
You are in my thoughts and prayers Susie. I know how you feel, and when my tummy starts to swell, I start to worry, because I had bowel cancer and I lost 1/3 - 1/2 of my bowel and I have a mesh holding me together...and once I had bad swelling, and it was poison seaping out, so they had to change the mesh. It was a terrible time of my life.

Keep thinking positive Susie, it really does help with our mental state when this happens. Sometimes when you are a bit constipated and you eat something that causes a slight blockage in your bowel or intestine, it will cause swelling of your gut, so you have to get one of those fleet enemas which is real easy to take, and it clears you right out and you feel good to be empty.

All the best Susie, you know I care.....

Blue xx
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Hi Susie, if it's a food intolerance then you would be un-bloated in the morning before you eat and feel bloated pretty fast after eating. If it's gluten then some people (like me) have extreme sensitivity to even a hint of the stuff. Lots of grains that are naturally gluten free are contaminated during processing. But you'd have a big distinction between before eating and after eating (like pumping up a beach ball).

Allergy tests are usually a waste of time I've found. They don't take account of combination allergies where you need two variables to cause a reaction. Could be worth going on a bland food diet to eliminate that as a reason.

Bloating has all sorts of other causes. Some serious some benign.
Interesting and informative post Annie.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

29-06-2018, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Thanks for your comments Wildblueberry.

In terms of the bread making, may I ask if you have a food mixer, one with a dough hook?
I don't have one Realist. I do most things the old fashioned way. Do I need one of those for bread?
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I don't have one Realist. I do most things the old fashioned way. Do I need one of those for bread?
You don't need of even knead one but I myself find it helps as my hands are so bad I struggle kneading dough some times

However you don't really need to knead for a long time, you can stretch out dough a few times, you just need to get the gluten to develop

Thursday I was making pizza bases so I needed the Kenwood and its dough hook as I have to make 4 batches and it was just so much quicker for me
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

30-06-2018, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
You don't need of even knead one but I myself find it helps as my hands are so bad I struggle kneading dough some times

However you don't really need to knead for a long time, you can stretch out dough a few times, you just need to get the gluten to develop

Thursday I was making pizza bases so I needed the Kenwood and its dough hook as I have to make 4 batches and it was just so much quicker for me
Thanks Missy. I checked back to see if Realist put a recipe on here, but I guess his recipe needs that hook thingy. I will leave it for another time....

Haven't seen you for a while, hope you are enjoying the summer.

Blue x
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 07:46 PM

Suzie do try the magnesium citrate it won't hurt you we are all deficient in magnesium because of our modern day diet .
Since I started MC the bloating has been so much better I know because my jeans keep falling down !
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I checked back to see if Realist put a recipe on here
Hi Blueberry

I put some good info and recipes in this thread :

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...ighlight=yeast

and some more info and technique that you will need for the kneading in this thread:

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...t=yeast&page=4

Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top