Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 09:34 AM

Re: Tummy Bloating

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Phoned my GP and the earliest he can see me is Tuesday 19th June at 9.20am, so have got to wait until then, so in the meantime, I am going to start cutting down on things, starting with Dairy to see if it make any difference.

I'm glad you've made the appointment Susie.
I think you are doing the right thing. At least you will be able to rule anything nasty out then, and get a better idea of what the cause is.
Best of luck.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 09:49 AM

Glad to hear Susie. hopefully it's something that can be controlled by diet. You may need some intolerance tests but at least you will get answers. Good luck
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 10:13 AM

Phoned my GP and the earliest he can see me is Tuesday 19th June at 9.20am, so have got to wait until then, so in the meantime, I am going to start cutting down on things, starting with Dairy to see if it make any difference.
I also agree to get tested to rule out any serious illness.
Cutting down on diary is a great place to start.
Diary is famous for bloating humans.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 11:18 AM

Thank you all. I've been very good this morning.
Breakfast was Porridge made with water with a few blueberries on top.
One cup of tea. Will wait now until 1pm and have our lunch which is Chicken Breast and Salad, no dressings.

Have been in the garden doing some weeding to take my mind of food.

I don't feel depressed today and the sun is out.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 10:26 PM

I buy Super Seeded Brown Bread.
Yep. I think it was discussed in another thread where I highlighted the ingredients of various poster's breads.

There are no good supermarket breads. It's no good looking at things like wheat and seeds. The problem is supermarket bread is forced through the "Chorleywood" process, made in an hour or so.

The grains, however many there are in the bread, are not in the right form for digestion. The grains, i.e. the flours need to be fermented for many hours, ideally 12 or more. That not only produces great depth of flavour but changes the nature of the bread making it healthy and easily digestible.

Supermarket bread will bloat you and is not the least bit healthy.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 10:44 PM

Realist, I'm sorry, but I think you are very wrong to suggest susie baking her own bread will cure all ills.
None of us know anything at all about susie's health records, you are not a doctor, yet from a couple of posts of susies, you have read, diagnosed and suggested treatment, and I think you are very, very wrong, and it could even be dangerous.

I truly hope it is something which can be rectified by diet, but there are also some very unpleasant female problems with the same symptoms too, and that is why some of us recommended finding out the cause first, just to be on the safe side. To suggest baking her own bread will cure her is ridiculous when you don't even know what is wrong.
She needs to get a diagnosis first, and then deal with it once she knows what is causing her tummy trouble.

It may well turn out to be dietry, then that will be the time to review her diet, but not before she finds out the cause first.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 11:44 PM

Good luck Susie, keep us posted xx
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 07:50 AM

Thank you for your Diagnoses Realist, i'll bear that in mind.
I don't know how to make my own bread and don't have a bread making machine, so would have to kneed the dough myself and I don't have the time to do these things when I have a lot of things going on here at the moment.

Also I do only limit myself to just two slices of bread a day, sometimes none.

The reason why I eat this bread is for fibre, as the Hospital has told me that I am lacking terribly in fibre has I have Pocket Disease.

I suppose I could get a tablet for Fibre, but am already on 16 tablets a day plus 3 Injections, so I don't really want to take more.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Realist, I'm sorry, but I think you are very wrong to suggest susie baking her own bread will cure all ills.
Very sensationalist post and sadly full of untruths. I never mentioned curing all ills. I merely suggested she stopped eating crappy bread from supermarkets. I still strongly suggest that she does.

None of us know anything at all about susie's health records, you are not a doctor, yet from a couple of posts of susies, you have read, diagnosed and suggested treatment
Nope none of that happened. I made no diagnosis, and made no suggestions of treatment for her various ailments.
I simply suggested she stop eating crappy supermarket bread.

and I think you are very, very wrong, and it could even be dangerous.
There's nothing at all wrong about giving up supermarket bread in favour of properly made bread and it's not the least bit dangerous. It's an extremely healthy thing to do.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 11:37 AM

Susie, l had the same symptoms before it was discovered l had gallstones.

Someone on here advised me to take Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother. This l did and it cured my reflux and bloated tummy.

I am not advising you to try it, as you really need to be properly diagnosed. I am just saying what worked for me.

I hope you get it sorted soon.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top