Join for free
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 02:14 PM

Re: A tragic accident. [Loughborough Junction deaths]

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Does getting killed by a train make a story more newsworthy, people get killed in cars every day with little comment.
Maybe possibly the rarity of the event Meg, a bit like aircraft crash fatalities..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I suppose it is always tragic when somebody is killed by a means of transport, but I suspect their would be fewer deaths if people followed the safety rules.
True Twink.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
According to the Mail, they were graffiti artists.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...th-London.html
Yes. They found spray cans near the men later on which indicated they had been spraying graffiti on trains.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Yes. They found spray cans near the men later on which indicated they had been spraying graffiti on trains.
Oh well. As sad as loss of life is, they knew the risks.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 02:42 PM

I have no sympathy for them if they were vandals.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

18-06-2018, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I have no sympathy for them if they were vandals.
Well, we don't know that for sure yet, just a theory but I also have little sympathy if it's true. I think they should be called vandals rather than artists anyway.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 02:52 PM

I feel sorry for the train drivers, because any of them that traveled that route will be unsure if it was their train that hit them.

If you killed somebody with your car, when they ran out in front of you, it wouldn't be your fault but it would still be difficult to come to terms with!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

18-06-2018, 02:56 PM

I feel sorry for the train drivers, because any of them that traveled that route will be unsure if it was their train that hit them.

If you killed somebody with your car, when they ran out in front of you, it wouldn't be your fault but it would still be difficult to come to terms with!
I agree Twink. No doubt there will be an enquiry and compensation will be claimed for because the rail company didn't do enough to keep them out etc etc etc.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 02:57 PM

Whether they were doing wrong or not, I feel sadness for them and for their families left behind.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 03:02 PM

I feel sorry for the train drivers too.

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top