Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 02:21 PM

Poorly hand

A couple of weeks ago, I was trying wrestling with a very heavy bag of compost, and trying to get it from my car through to my back garden.

I felt a sudden sharp pain in my left hand, and the middle finger started turning black and blue and swelling up as I watched. It didn't half hurt.

I think I must have broken a blood vessel somewhere.
This was a picture I took the next day, it's not very clear, but you see the whole finger turned purple, front and back, and the following day the base of the fingers either side had gone black too.

All better now, but not nice at the time.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 02:24 PM

Re: Poorly hand

Where has it gone Mups? Did your hand disappear completely?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Where has it gone Mups? Did your hand disappear completely?

Hang on, hang on dongles, I'm all of a muddle and posted me bloomin' gate picture again by mistake.
There you go.

The picture doesn't really show how completely black and purple it went, so I need a bit of sympathy if you please - and perhaps someone to go and put kettle on for me . . . after they've fixed me gate and put the new smoke alarm up perhaps.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 02:34 PM

It looks like you've been picking blackberries with that finger!

Seriously though Mups, it does look painful I'm glad it's cleared up now and didn't develop into anything more serious.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

25-06-2018, 02:36 PM

Thanks Mags. The air turned a bit blue as well as my fingers.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 02:37 PM

Oh my goodness !
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 03:01 PM

I bet that was really painful, what you need is a man about the house!
Shall I start a rota?

1)Judd could do Sundays... he doesn't do much else then, but you may have to keep him for Monday too, as he will have a long journey.

2)Tezza could come on Tuesday, but you may need a fan as he doesn't work well in the heat.

3)Dongle will manage Wednesday and Thursday, it will give him a break from gassing on the forum.

4) I will send Nom for Friday and Saturday, but you can use him purely for you own amusement..... I am booking his train tickets as we speak!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

25-06-2018, 03:06 PM

Now that's what I call a friend, Twink - thankyou, sounds good to me.

Our Plops did offer as well, but he said he can't get here to 2025, and it might have dropped off by then ..... ... my gate, not Ploppy.

I will leave the booking arrangements to you then. Just ask them to also bring a screwdriver with them please, and perhaps they would put up my new smoke detector before they leave.

Many thanks for your kindness.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
A couple of weeks ago, I was trying wrestling with a very heavy bag of compost, and trying to get it from my car through to my back garden.

I felt a sudden sharp pain in my left hand, and the middle finger started turning black and blue and swelling up as I watched. It didn't half hurt.

I think I must have broken a blood vessel somewhere.
This was a picture I took the next day, it's not very clear, but you see the whole finger turned purple, front and back, and the following day the base of the fingers either side had gone black too.

All better now, but not nice at the time.

I do that all the time with my fingers, it burns/stings, but goes after a while. Makes the fingers look very bruised when you do it. I put it down to getting older, skin is thiner.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 03:26 PM

Ooooh looks painful that mups. I pinched my finger somehow and a blue blister appeared, it was only tiny but painful so your whole finger must have really hurt. Glad it's ok now xd

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top