Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 10:31 AM

Re: England - The New Dawn

Originally Posted by basser ->
A ploy that has been used many many times in the world of football domestic and international, the end justifies the means as Gareth Southgate would say.

Belgium has now been dumped with Brazil a good result for England.
I agree. I have no problem with taking the easier route. If it works then it is a good tactic as opposed to some of the bad tactics used in the World cup, like diving, fouling and the hand of God.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 11:23 AM

A ploy that has been used many many times in the world of football domestic and international, the end justifies the means as Gareth Southgate would say.

Belgium has now been dumped with Brazil a good result for England.
I must apologise to Southgate when I see him (fat chance of that)! I had made declarations to Mrs Fox never to watch football again following Englands scrappy attempt to score any goals. In fact, after Belgiums goal I went searching the freeview channels for something more entertaining and came up with 'If you can't pay, we'll take it away'....
Belgium always looked the more dangerous side when they were in possession of the ball, and their passing was superb, unlike our lads who kept giving it away....
However....I never thought of that Basser, what a splendid ploy....

I never watch football normally though, twenty two blokes passing the ball to each other with about thirty seconds of action when someone makes a break with the ball and whacks it in the back of the net. And sometimes it never happens at all...
You support your team and get so frustrated when there is so little action, it makes you angry when you can see the openings, and nobody takes advantage.

I much prefer Golf! You don't really support anyone, you just enjoy the skill of the players and admire the accuracy (or sometimes the lack of) of a player 'on form' and the scenery...........Especially Augusta!
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 12:55 PM

Whilst I enjoy the occasional game of footie and definitley support our World Cup team, I can't be the only women who is totally amazed at the plethora of experts all giving their opinions on how to, what to do and should do etc at every kick of the ball.

Surely Gareth Southgate has considered all these points.!!!

(I'm just a mere women asking so go easy with your replies gents.)
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I must apologise to Southgate when I see him (fat chance of that)! I had made declarations to Mrs Fox never to watch football again following Englands scrappy attempt to score any goals. In fact, after Belgiums goal I went searching the freeview channels for something more entertaining and came up with 'If you can't pay, we'll take it away'....
Belgium always looked the more dangerous side when they were in possession of the ball, and their passing was superb, unlike our lads who kept giving it away....
However....I never thought of that Basser, what a splendid ploy....

I never watch football normally though, twenty two blokes passing the ball to each other with about thirty seconds of action when someone makes a break with the ball and whacks it in the back of the net. And sometimes it never happens at all...
You support your team and get so frustrated when there is so little action, it makes you angry when you can see the openings, and nobody takes advantage.

I much prefer Golf! You don't really support anyone, you just enjoy the skill of the players and admire the accuracy (or sometimes the lack of) of a player 'on form' and the scenery...........Especially Augusta!
Thanks for the effort you put into your post but I would suggest you are on the wrong thread.

Best find one you are interested in.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
There's no way they were going all out to win. Normally, England have a last minute spell, where they look like they are going to score but don't. Last night, they were still back passing in the dying seconds. If you want to score goals, you put your top goal scorer on, not leave him on the bench.

Personally, I think Southgate announced they intended to win but told the players not to. If we do well in the next round, last night's boring match will be forgotten.

Do you have any other drug-addled conspiracy theories?

9/11? 7/7? Etc.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Do you have any other drug-addled conspiracy theories?

9/11? 7/7? Etc.
I have this theory that you might be twelve.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 03:01 PM

if you don't agree with Gravitas 100% he gets all up tight and yes LD he tends to have a strop and insults people just like a 12yr old.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

29-06-2018, 03:02 PM

if you don't agree with Gravitas 100% he gets all up tight and yes LD he tends to have a strop and insults people just like a 12yr old.
Bless 'im (or her)
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Thanks for the effort you put into your post but I would suggest you are on the wrong thread.

Best find one you are interested in.
I do apologise Gravitas, and thanks for the advice.....
I shall sling me hook forthwith....
Gravitas
North England

29-06-2018, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have this theory that you might be twelve.
So you think Southgate told the players to lose, you think I'm 12 years old. Let's have some more professor. What about 9/11, 7/11 etc?

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top