Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 02:15 PM

Re: Dogs in this heat

Originally Posted by Panda ->
In this heat if you take your shoe off and place your bare foot on the pavement for 10 seconds, if you can. I tried this the other day and could only count to five before I could feel my foot burning. Then just think about your poor dogs feet.

Yes, I agree Panda.
Last weekend when it was scorching hot, I saw a Bulldog - who can't breathe well at the best of times - being dragged along when the day was at it's hottest.
He looked about to collapse.

Don't these idiots ever look down the lead, and see the suffering on the other end?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, I agree Panda.
Last weekend when it was scorching hot, I saw a Bulldog - who can't breathe well at the best of times - being dragged along when the day was at it's hottest.
He looked about to collapse.

Don't these idiots ever look down the lead, and see the suffering on the other end?
Lose the lead.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 02:20 PM

The dog walkers around here, and there are plenty of them, still walk their dogs in the heat of the day, which is more than I would do if I still had one.
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

22-07-2018, 11:00 AM

My little fella has a thick black coat, and I do worry about him tolerating the heat. But it has gone on so long now that he seems to be adapting to it. His favourite walk is a shady path along a stream where he has everything he wants - good smells, soft and cool ground and an ample supply of water to drink. Sadly he doesn't like swimming, but he does paddle...
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 04:45 PM

I have been taking my 'Westie' friend out walking early morning and late evening so it is cool for her. In between she has the run of her 'dog proof' garden but actually seems to prefer being in doors.

She is the only dog I have ever met that suffers from agoraphobia - she will not walk across an open space such as a field. Her owner had her from a rescue centre and they said it was unusual but not unique. She walks by the river with me because there are lots of trees there and it is cool under her paws - and she seems happy with that.

I am really enjoying being a proxy dog owner!
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 05:05 PM

Our two chihuahuas, even in the heat we’ve been having lately, still shiver with cold frequently. We often have to have an electric fire on for them. They both feel the slightest chill!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 05:33 PM

No coat or body fat they don't need it in Mexico!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by FridgeMagnet ->
Our two chihuahuas, even in the heat we’ve been having lately, still shiver with cold frequently. We often have to have an electric fire on for them. They both feel the slightest chill!

There are lots of other reasons why dogs appear to shiver FM, excitement, anticipation, unwell, fear, nerves, etc.

I can't imagine they are feeling cold when it is over 80 degs outside, even though they are such a small breed.
I guess you know your dogs though.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 09:33 PM

How are your Fur babes coping in this heat? Bobby doesnt know where to go to be cool ,until late evening when he lays outside the back door,I feel so sorry for him when I have to bring him in to lock up for bed
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 09:44 PM

My poor little pooch is finding it a bit rough, he needs shaving but I called the groomers and she can't fit him in till mid august! He lays in the coolest spots, he's a smart doggy

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top