Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 11:02 AM

Triangles V Rectangles

This might just be me being overly fussy
Or am I just set in my ways?!

Yesterday I was at a friend's for lunch and she made us some delicious sandwiches made with slices from a fresh, sandwich loaf. However I couldn't help but be mildly (inwardly)disappointed that they weren't cut in to triangles rather than in a rectangular shape
I'm not sure if they're just easier to consume in a triangle or whether they're just aesthetically more pleasing on a plate that way!

I even cut toast in half diagonally
How do you cut yours?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 11:05 AM

Re: Triangles V Rectangles

Not fussy ... I love gnawing on a whole uncut whooper ... but soon I'll have to be cutting the crusts off cos of my teef.

Triangles are posh where I come from.
Chips sit nicely on big doorsteps.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 11:06 AM

Aww Morti whatsup wiv um teef?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 11:08 AM

When I make sandwiches for Mr Mags and myself I always cut his rectangular and mine in triangles .... and he does the same when he makes sandwiches or toast for me

However, if we have company and I make the sandwiches, I cut them ALL in triangles .... he will eat them and not say a word then
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 11:14 AM

That's not sandwich cutting Mags ... that's origami.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

01-07-2018, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Aww Morti whatsup wiv um teef?
Thee throb lass, thee throb and ache when me sinuses play up and giv me gyp.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 11:15 AM

When I was small my mum used to cut my sandwiches into small rectangles. I think it was because having crusts on 2 sides made it less likely for the filling to fall out.

When we moved to a posher area, everybody cut them into triangles, so I started to do the same.

I don't think I really care how they are cut, so long as the filling is good.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

01-07-2018, 11:18 AM

Question:
Whilst triangular suggests daintiness ... ? ... given the dimensions of a mouth ... is a triangular butty indicative of a bigger, wider mouth whilst a rectangular butty would more easily gain entry?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 11:19 AM

Normally just in half, unless I have friends over then Triangles, just to be Posh. But it doesn't bother me how its cut as long as the butter is spread evenly all over the bread, no empty bits in the corners.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Question:
Whilst triangular suggests daintiness ... ? ... given the dimensions of a mouth ... is a triangular butty indicative of a bigger, wider mouth whilst a rectangular butty would more easily gain entry?
What are you trying to say Morty?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top