Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 11:32 PM

Re: anxiety attacks

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Out of interest how does this anxiety manifest itself LQ? What do you find you are anxious about?
dropping dead at any moment
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Aww, ((hugs)). If I am to have an anxiety attack it's always at the supermarket. What's that about?

For me it's when there are lots of people walking in random directions, often in the way, while I'm trying to remember to buy everything while being distracted by stuff not on my list. The fluorescent lights, the crowds, noise and the distraction of choice can be overwhelming if you are feeling a bit fragile. If you have something on your mind then it's the perfect storm. I just try to get in and out as quick as possible.
thanks for your kindness Annie xx
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

03-07-2018, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Sorry about this problem LQ, I can understand how unpleasant it must be.
The only thing I can think of at the mo, is Yoga Pranayam breathing exercises, gentle, natural, and drug free.

If you wanted to look into the idea, perhaps you could google it and find out if there are any classes in your area?
Failing that I believe there are quite a few videos on Youtube.

As for St. John Wort, if anyone is on Warfarin I believe it can interfere, but if you're not, it might be worth a try?

Personally, I'd learn the Pranayam, but it might not appeal to everybody.

Good luck whatever you choose, I hope you soon find a way of controlling it.
Thanks Mups, I'm away to bed now, hopefully when I wake up the bugger will have buggered off! I'll look up them videos xxx
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I'm really fed up at the moment because for some reason I have just had another anxiety attack. I had one not long ago in a London theatre when I went to see Les Mis.

I have no idea why this is happening and I'm trying my best to control them as I am loathe to go on medication for them again if I can help it.

Tonight all I was doing was walking round the supermarket doing my shopping when it hit. I've been home an hour now and I'm still slightly anxious and I hate it.

I suffered with them many years ago and then again after my mum and sister died but they eventually went away.

I have no clue what has triggered these latest episodes and i just wish they would stop.

If you have them what do you do to help you get through them, I do know it will pass but all the same whilst its here it is horrible
Have you sought medical advice, LQ?

That's what they're there for.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

LQ, another thought is, have you tried counselling?
It can help enormously to talk through your fears with someone.
Just trying to think of drug-free ways for you to try. x
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

03-07-2018, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
The absolute best way to deal with panic attacks is a drug called clonazepam. I pill/day @ 1 mg /pill. I used to get horrible, horrible panic attacks. Heart races, cold sweats, can't catch my breath. A feeling of dying right this minute. Horrible !

I take 1 pill every evening because, for some reason, is when my attacks happened. At 1 pill/day (1 mg) it is impossible to ever become addicted. Some fools abuse the drug and then their problems become much worse.

Now, I have not had a panic attack in almost a year. The only problem is convincing your Dr. that you can be trusted to follow the rules (no abuse).

good luck. I guarantee it works.
Thanks BM, I know you are doing your best to help me. I really don't want to do tablets if I can help it but I will ask about these meds if I get worse. Thank you x
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

03-07-2018, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Have you sought medical advice, LQ?

That's what they're there for.
I have done in the past JBR, I'm just wanting to fight these demons myself without having to resort to tablets again.

My mum and sister both suffered anxiety, I do wonder if its hereditary, probably not, but I do wonder.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 11:59 PM

I strongly believe it's a physical thing. Mine was always linked to hormones. Hormones control the lives of many women. They are more powerful than the most potent drug. I do think that's an inherited physical trait. Meds are random. I find Kalms helpful. I thought it would be easier as you get older but it's ten times worse.

I can usually control it through mind over matter and just recognising the pattern (a "here we go again" coping mechanism). Anxiety only has any power over you if you believe in it. At the end of the day it's the perfectly natural survival instinct kicking in when something in our environment feels "off". That's bound to be worse as you get older and your mind starts to find more things a threat (understandably given your body weakens).
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 12:11 AM

Dropping dead of what? Why would you suddenly drop dead?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 02:20 AM

Thanks BM, I know you are doing your best to help me. I really don't want to do tablets if I can help it but I will ask about these meds if I get worse. Thank you x

Why are you so set against meds ?

The med I mentioned does not make you high. It's just like taking an aspirin. I guarantee you will not feel "drugged". In fact a cup of tea will have more effect than Clonazepam. It just stops the panic attacks.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top