Join for free
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 03:13 PM

Do You Think The Quality Of News Reporters/Readers Is Getting Worse Lately?

I have noticed lately, there are some news reporters that don’t seem to be able to string a few words together, properly.
Their delivery of the report is stilted or they seem as if they have got a fit of nerves. Some just go silent as if they have forgotten what they were going to say.
Some have strange mannerisms that take your attention away from what they are saying.
There are some, l can’t even watch!

Am l just grumpy or, have you noticed the same?
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 03:19 PM

Re: Do You Think The Quality Of News Reporters/Readers Is Getting Worse Lately?

I don't bother with the tv news anymore, just the radio, its enough
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 03:25 PM

I've noticed the same - some reporters seem awkward in front of the camera.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
I don't bother with the tv news anymore, just the radio, its enough
Same here.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 03:31 PM

I have given up on BBC breakfast news, the preseners of late seem as excited as children and continually giggle and speak over one another. I could never understand either why they need to have two presenters for one story uttering a sentence each alternatively, what's all that about?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 04:38 PM

Barry the same here, the BBC breakfast news especially if its two women, they don't stop giggling, bring back Trevor MacDonald or Bill & Sian.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 04:59 PM

I can't stand most presenters, news or otherwise, although I make exceptions for Katty Kay and Christian Fraser on Beyond 100 Days and Waldemar Januszczak on art.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 07:58 PM

I don’t like the habit of dropping their voices at the end of a sentence, so you struggle with what they’ve said.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 09:42 PM

As with other walks of life, standards have slipped.

The news is a serious business and used to be read by eloquent reporters who only laughed a the end of the news when relaying an amusing incident.

Now they frequently giggle just before a very serious issue.

Such bad form.

The morning ITV is the worst with three comedians
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 10:41 PM

There are some very annoying news presenters. I get the feeling they are not rained properly and are chosen to fit the agenda rather than the job.

There's one thing I really hate... when presenters shout to give the impression everyone is having a good time when clearly they are all just bored sh*tless like the viewers.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top