Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 08:21 AM

Dog Prams

I went to a dog show the other weekend .
It was Mungos first show and he got two thirds ( friendliest dog and best rescue ) .
I was astonished to see so many dog prams about not for puppies but for small breed dogs .
Their occupants seemed fairly resigned to being pushed but I must say unless there is a super good reason why would you put a dog in a pram ?
What do people think?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 08:32 AM

Re: Dog Prams

I.ve seen dogs in prams a couple of times and it astounds me. I can only think that perhaps s the dogs are very old and can only walk short distances but I.d likee to know too Muddy.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 08:36 AM

My friend lynne now puts her two little terriers in a pram when we go on long walks , both are 15 now and a couple of little old doggies and they love it . I think if people bring them into busy towns dog prams could be useful , nothing worse than tripping over dog leads in a busy street , but to put young dogs in prams seems daft to me .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 08:44 AM

Good points Susan .
I.do feel sorry for little dogs in busy streets they must be in constant fear of being stepped on.
My husband was tripped up by a stupid woman with an extendable lead on a pavement .( lead to a huge row ) instead of apologising she said he should have looked where he was going .
As you can imagine I told her exactly what I thought of her .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 09:35 AM

I have mixed views on this so it depends on the situation.

A) Ask yourself, if you looked after an elderly person who couldn't walk far would you
Leave them at home?
Just take them on short journeys where you could help them when needed?
Or put them in a wheelchair and take them for longer journey?

Your answer to this should be the same for your dog!

B) If we put normal healthy dogs in a pram, are we doing the same damage to them as many do to their children?

They are likely to put on unnecessary weight and suffer from lack of exercise.....so are we doing more harm that good?
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 09:42 AM

My daughter has two chihuahuas. She bought a pram for them before she even got the dogs! And to my knowledge she has never once used it. It just sits folded away in a corner.
I suppose they do have their uses. I once saw a woman with a chihuahua in a pram. In a store, in a shopping mall! Where there would normally be a strict ‘NO DOGS ALLOWED’ rule. But they didn’t seem to mind.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 10:10 AM

Possibly to protect their coats from gathering mud before being shown.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 10:15 AM

Dog prams? Are they breeding them without legs now?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 10:37 AM

Funnily enough, I saw this yesterday. A woman was pushing four chihuahuas in a buggy with the net down at the front. They were lovely little things and I could see that the net was giving them protection from the hot sun but I did wonder if they were getting enough exercise and whether they should be out in the heat in the first place. I can't see the point in taking them for a ride rather than a walk.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 10:41 AM

The world has gone mad!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top