Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 11:22 AM

Re: Dog Prams

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I would never put my dog's in a pram,..only if they were disabled or very elderly,my friend had one,for her 15yr old terrier,who couldn't walk far.
Surely if that were the case it would be kinder to the dog to have it put to sleep?

Too many dogs are being kept alive these days for the sake of their owners, not for the benefit of the animal.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Surely if that were the case it would be kinder to the dog to have it put to sleep?

Too many dogs are being kept alive these days for the sake of their owners, not for the benefit of the animal.

Whilst I agree some pets are 'kept alive' for the owner's sake, or because the owner can't face the inevitable, I certainly don't agree on putting an elderly dog down purely because of it's age or it's getting a bit stiff on it's legs.

As long as it still enjoys life, but in a gentler way and is not in pain, I wouldn't dream of having it PTS.

To me, that would be like just disposing of it because you could't be bothered with the extra bit of TLC needed now.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 12:28 PM

You said something similar about me caring for my cat who has asthma. Fortunately I took no notice and the cat is now amazing the vet, by how well he is doing. He gets good care when it is needed & certainly isn't suffering.... in fact the vet says he is thriving!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
You said something similar about me caring for my cat who has asthma. Fortunately I took no notice and the cat is now amazing the vet, by how well he is doing. He gets good care when it is needed & certainly isn't suffering.... in fact the vet says he is thriving!

This is another good example of what I meant about some selfish owners can't be bothered putting in the extra time and TLC in to care for an animal, Twink.
If it's not 100% fit and healthy, they'd rather it be gone.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
This is another good example of what I meant about some selfish owners can't be bothered putting in the extra time and TLC in to care for an animal, Twink.
If it's not 100% fit and healthy, they'd rather it be gone.
I always think that people who can'r be bothered to care for a pet, should never have had one in the first place!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 01:37 PM

Our animals were very well cared for when we had them, but they were treated like the species they are, not surrogate humans.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

14-07-2018, 02:13 PM

Our animals were very well cared for when we had them, but they were treated like the species they are, not surrogate humans.
I really can't be bothered arguing with you, but I will say "thank god you don't treat them like humans", because we have yet to hear about one human in your family that you have been upset to lose!
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 03:08 PM

I dont have a dog pram, I have a mobility scooter. As soon as I get it out of the garage my dog jumps on between my feet. We zoom down the road at 6mph until we reach the fields, where she jumps off. We go around the fields for half an hour then she hops back on for the ride home. Every weekend I have my son’s Lab., so he trots alongside my scooter, my dog between my feet, and we do this morning and evening.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 08:39 PM

In this warm weather, I take my sholley for our walks, so when Holly reaches her limit, and lets me know by plonking herself down on the pavement and not moving, I lift her onto the sholley and she gets a ride home. Sometimes she asks to be lifted!

Spoilt? Yes, and why not? The alternative is me standing like a lemon on the pavement with a reclining dog, or picking her up in my arms. At 6.6kg I can’t always do that. But I draw the line at a dog pram. Not that desperate just yet.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

14-07-2018, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
In this warm weather, I take my sholley for our walks, so when Holly reaches her limit, and lets me know by plonking herself down on the pavement and not moving, I lift her onto the sholley and she gets a ride home. Sometimes she asks to be lifted!

Spoilt? Yes, and why not? The alternative is me standing like a lemon on the pavement with a reclining dog, or picking her up in my arms. At 6.6kg I can’t always do that. But I draw the line at a dog pram. Not that desperate just yet.

Me thinks Holly has got you well trained, Jazzi.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top