Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 09:06 PM

My Gertie

I hope I don't sound too boring, but for those of you who might remember Gertie had the heart problem when she was a pup, here is the latest update.

After she had her first heart scan with the cardiologist, it didn't look good. Her Mitral Valve wasn't working as it should.
They decided to monitor her and some months later, she had a second scan.
This showed some improvement, and they seemed pleasantly surprised. Lots of puppies have heart murmurs, which they can grow out of, but not they didn't expect her to grow out of this valve problem. - neither did my own vet.

Ever since Gertie was diagnosed, I began taking her to my local spiritualist church on their healing nights on Mondays.
She has a cuddle and a prayer and gentle hands laid on her. She loves it, relaxing into the arms of the animal healer, Neil, and usually nods blissfully off.

I took her every week for the best part of 18 months, and her heart was improving all the time.
Whenever I have to go to the vets with one of my lot, I usually take Gertie along for a quick listen and monitor as well, even now, just to keep tabs on it.

The cardiologist signed her off unless anything worrying developed at a later date, when I was to ring them straightaway.

I still keep tabs on her, and yesterday took her along with one of the others, and asked him to listen to her heart again while we were there, and he spent some time doing this.

Eventually, he said he confirmed he could hear nothing wrong at all anymore, and what's more, he doesn't think it will come back now either. She seems cured.
No surgery, not drugs, just prayers and love by the bucket load.

Make of it as you will, but even the vet can't explain it.

So here's hoping I will have my fabulous little Gertie for much, much longer now than I ever thought possible a year ago.

Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 09:10 PM

Re: My Gertie

Mups what a wonderful thread!
Soo glad Gorgeous Gertie is restored to full health
And more power to you with your healing ways xxx
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 09:22 PM

Maps it's great to see Gertie looking so well.

I don't believe in prayer as you probably know , good care counts for a lot and as you say some puppies recover from 'innocent murmurs' as they mature.

Enjoy her...
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 09:28 PM

Well done gertie!
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 09:32 PM

Shes a cute little dog. I'm happy for you and Gertie.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 10:03 PM

Thanks very much Rhian, Meg, Besoeker and MC.

I2 months ago, I was trying to resign myself to her not making old bones, but now all looks good.

She is a bit of a Kleptomaniac given half a chance, but still a beautiful, gentle, and very affectionate girl, everyone loves her.

Meg, what is so amazing is, the vet can't explain it.
I made a point of asking him if he expected Gertie's type problem would get better as she matured, and his words were - "No. I didn't to be honest."
So it is very interesting.

She was 2 in April just gone, and she still looks just like that photo except possibly a shade lighter, more of a creamy brown, but hardly any bigger at all.
She won't make the same size as the others now, but who cares as long as she is happy and healthy.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 10:06 PM

Lovely Story Mups

Im not a believer BUT if I had heard about such things when my Gunnar was dying with heart failure, id have tried it

She's a wee beauty
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

18-07-2018, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Lovely Story Mups

Im not a believer BUT if I had heard about such things when my Gunnar was dying with heart failure, id have tried it

She's a wee beauty

Thanks Missy. I had nothing to lose by trying, and I like to think someone kind must have been looking down on her.

My vet thinks I am batty too , although he can't give a rational explanation either.
I told him well at least all those cuddles and prayers did her no harm anyway, not like drugs/surgery would have.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 10:12 PM

Wow, what a great outcome Mups. I don't know what did it but something definitely worked. Well done to both of you. It just goes to show that with the right approach, these things can sometimes be cured.

I'm sending you both a cuddle.

Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thanks Missy. I had nothing to lose by trying, and I like to think someone kind must have been looking down on her.

My vet thinks I am batty too , although he can't give a rational explanation either. At least all those cuddles and prayers didn't hurt her like drugs/surgery would have.
Precisely, nothing to lose so why not try

Friends here often go get a charm for all sorts of ailments. I have to admit I roll my eyes but they believe and swear they work so who am I to say otherwise

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top