Join for free
Page 16 of 20 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 10:08 AM

Re: The European Election: Results

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
hi

i find it amusing that the more blair and campbell keep saying remain won the more people are determined to vote leave.

The pair of them are despised.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 11:41 AM

Hi

I find it amusing that the more Blair and Campbell keep saying Remain won the more people are determined to vote leave.

The pair of them are despised.
Both have probably got their eyes on some kind of posts within the EU kleptocracy.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Both have probably got their eyes on some kind of posts within the EU kleptocracy.
Makes me wonder why they haven't joined the CHUK Party already ?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 07:57 PM

Hi
I find it amusing that the more Blair and Campbell keep saying Remain won the more people are determined to vote leave.
The people voted last week. Anti-EU, populist, and far-right parties underperformed despite high expectations in EU elections, after voter turnout on the continent rose to the highest level in decades – over 50 per cent.
Mr Tusk, who was speaking after an EU summit said that eurosceptic parties had abandoned anti-EU slogans presented themselves “reformers” – a change he said was a “positive development”.
The claim, supported by the election results, contrdicts brexiters, who before the EU referendum had predicted a “domino effect” of other EU member states leaving a disintegrating union after they saw how successful Britain’s exit had been.

So, it may be so that the UK will ultimately leave the EU, but history already shows that remain has won. In 2016 remain was the best choice to make.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 09:37 AM

Of course I agree with ^.

One by one the promises made by Brexiteers have been proven to be false.
It is not the easiest deal in history
Other countries will not be following the UK out of Europe
The EU will not fall apart.
Neither will the German car industry
"They" really do not need you
The right in Europe will not take it over

It is astonishing that anyone believes anything they say anymore.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 09:47 AM

In terms of the whole election across Europe (not just the UK) I have to say I am p)leased.
The old duality of the EEP and the SD has been stopped meaning that there has to be more consensus in legislating.
The right is represented as they should be and I hope they will bring ideas forward for a better integrated immigration policy.
The election of the next President of the Commission will be interesting...Merkel's star is waning and Macron's is rising so their candidates will be vying for a position (Timmermans and Barnier) but the winner could be from more than two corners...could even be a female.
Normally it would be from the largest party, still the EEP, but now that may not be so.
Most promising is the growth of the ALDE, Liberal wing, and the Greens.

ISTM the new EU Parliament is a good balanced democratic representation of what Europeans think (as I read it) .

There will be reforms given the results. Good. A pity that the UK won't be there to influence them. You would have found many who would have agreed with you.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Of course I agree with ^.

One by one the promises made by Brexiteers have been proven to be false.
It is not the easiest deal in history
Other countries will not be following the UK out of Europe
The EU will not fall apart.
Neither will the German car industry
"They" really do not need you
The right in Europe will not take it over

It is astonishing that anyone believes anything they say anymore.
That sounds more like a wish list to me Flicker,
If all you say above is true, why are such devious methods
being employed to keep uk in the eu if it does'nt ned us?
We dont wish the EU to fall apart
We do not want other countries to leave Europe?
We just wish to leave with as little disruptiom as possible!
What is wrong with that?
I will leave it there for now, but l could go on forever!

Best Regards Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
In terms of the whole election across Europe (not just the UK) I have to say I am p)leased.
The old duality of the EEP and the SD has been stopped meaning that there has to be more consensus in legislating.
The right is represented as they should be and I hope they will bring ideas forward for a better integrated immigration policy.
The election of the next President of the Commission will be interesting...Merkel's star is waning and Macron's is rising so their candidates will be vying for a position (Timmermans and Barnier) but the winner could be from more than two corners...could even be a female.
Normally it would be from the largest party, still the EEP, but now that may not be so.
Most promising is the growth of the ALDE, Liberal wing, and the Greens.

ISTM the new EU Parliament is a good balanced democratic representation of what Europeans think (as I read it) .

There will be reforms given the results. Good. A pity that the UK won't be there to influence them. You would have found many who would have agreed with you.
I think our two posts overlapped each other Flicker!
The one above sounds more rational to me, and l aree with
your analysis of the new prospects for the eu!
However, we have started the purposefully complicated
process of leaving and l believe we should continue with
this as the more we see of the eu commission methods
the less we like it!
Pity we couldnt get eu to change before this all got started?

Best Regards Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I think our two posts overlapped each other Flicker!
The one above sounds more rational to me, and l aree with
your analysis of the new prospects for the eu!
However, we have started the purposefully complicated
process of leaving and l believe we should continue with
this as the more we see of the eu commission methods
the less we like it!
Pity we couldnt get eu to change before this all got started?

Best Regards Donkeyman!
Like one of my children said, the UK always had the favoured position of a spoilt child, and wasn't aware of it. Perhaps you should look back without anger and realise it will never get as good as it is now.
If (!) you leave it will get bad, but even when you decide to return (in a year, two?) it will not return to present day conditions. On entering the EU again, the euro awaits, the rebate won't be there and schengen will have to be signed.
Flicker
France

30-05-2019, 02:29 PM

What "methods" are you talking abut Donkeyman?

The Council sets an agenda
It works with the Commission which does all the research, legal assurances across 28 countries, works on the text, passes it back and forth amongst the three legislative bodies, draws up a draft, sends it to the parliaments of every member country or approval, deals with amendments and corrections, then submits it for approval.
The Commission itself cannot vote on anything.

What is it in all that which so displeases you?

As for you suggestion that the EU has tried to prevent you from leaving, I can assure you it has not.
It set out its negotiating mandate very early on, agreed by 27 member states, and never waivered. You knew exactly where you stood from day one.
What you believed is that you could change their minds or get special treatment (as you always used to do). That you could fudge the issues until you got what you wanted. ie you were told not to try to negotiate individually but to go thru Barnier. Mayhem tried to talk to individual members nonetheless and got short shrift. You tries to keep some things and reject others. That didn't work either.

You were told exactly what their position was. Yet even now when you have been told a dozen times that the WA is not up for discussion, you have Tory PM hopefuls promising to renegotiate.

Your problem is that you cannot work with anyone else in a cooperative way and always want it your way.
Well now you have it.
I hope you enjoy it.

Page 16 of 20 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top