Join for free
Page 11 of 14 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 04:55 PM

Re: Could the European Elections herald the end of the EU?

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Since only states as a whole are of importance within the EU, the only thing that matters on that level, is that there is a majority against brexit.
Other arguments don't matter.
Hi

Then you misunderstand the British Psyche.

We will not be dictated to by our own Political Elite or anyone else's.

We have had enough of that and want a change.

We are an independent bunch and not always rational.

If we were rational, we would have sought peace with Germany after Dunkirk.

We didn't.

It is not all about money, it is about Freedom.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We have had enough of that and want a change.

We are an independent bunch and not always rational.

If we were rational, we would have sought peace with Germany after Dunkirk.

We didn't.

It is not all about money, it is about Freedom.
It may be about freedom in your view, but you pay for it with money. I wonder how young people describe it after oktober, when they are confronted with the lack of freedom they will experience.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I don't think anyone 'handed' us Gibraltar. We took it unaided.

James VI or I was indeed the King of England as well as Scotland, which is no doubt why our Queen is so keen on visiting Balmoral.

If the Scots should ever vote for independence, I'm sure the Queen would be more disappointed than most.
Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Every region in England voted for Brexit bar London. Shame about my countrymen but that's only 3 MEPs

I had a close look at that map (a larger version) and found that, surprise surprise, my local area appears to be Limp Dem. They always vote Limp Dem.

Next door in Wythenshawe, Labour won of course.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 05:36 PM

This is the source of the map

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48403131

It's interactive
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
This is the source of the map

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48403131

It's interactive
Yes, thanks, that confirms it.

Stockport and Trafford = Limp Dem
Manchester = Labour
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
It may be about freedom in your view, but you pay for it with money. I wonder how young people describe it after oktober, when they are confronted with the lack of freedom they will experience.
Hi

Both my kids voted remain.

They think we have made the wrong decision.

They are not whinging however, they believe in Democracy and accept the result.

That is how the system works Solasch.

I voted Leave, if the outcome had been Remain, I would have accepted it and moved on.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 07:19 PM

Hi

That is how the system works Solasch.

I voted Leave, if the outcome had been Remain, I would have accepted it and moved on.
Democracy is never a stand still, you know that.

Had it been remain you could have moved on. After leave it is creep on.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

27-05-2019, 07:31 PM

Hi

Both my kids voted remain.

They think we have made the wrong decision.

Most of my kids couldn't care one way or another whether the UK is in the EU. One does. She wants to finish her education and work in the UK.
They are stupid. It does matter for the netherlands, but also other EU countries. We will feel the absence of the UK.
Only thing we could do, and thank god did, is prepare. Now we can wait and see how things in the UK evolve.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

27-05-2019, 07:42 PM

Hi

I recognize that from my wife. If I want her to go left, I tell her to go right.

If the british psyche works the same way, that explains why you are so easily manipulated by your demagogues.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 10:03 AM

SG wrote:

Well, it looks as though through their own fault, the bullying EU’s own belief that they could ride roughshod over Britain by humiliating us, they may well have opened Pandora’s Box which could eventually result in their own downfall. Surely, they must be kicking themselves now when they think back to their long ago disgraceful treatment of David Cameron and Britain, and it’s intransigence towards us ever since. It could have all been so different if they had been sensible and realised they were dealing with Britain, B R I T A I N ! and not a weakened Greece.

We may well have idiots here making the decisions, but the EU should have remembered from our long history - and theirs - that they were also dealing with the British people, and the British people will have the final say."

Looking around I don't see much evidence to say that the EU is breaking up...in fact the members have been tightening their willingness to work together as they see the results of Brexit.
The UK is seen as the reason why the EU WILL remain.
The whole issue is not about your history or your identity...it is and always was about practicalities. You keep hurling yourselves against the wall of power and influence cemented together by voluntary will and good relationships, and think you are making a rational choice.

The past is long gone. The world has moved on and it requires cooperation, not antagonisms or swagger. It has become a world of large trading partnerships where nations form huge protective trading blocs (there is now a new one encompassing almost all of Africa) which influence the WTO and the conditions for commerce. To leave the biggest with all its influence and hope to provide for the population is madness.

So no. The EU will thrive.
Another Brexit myth hits the decks.

Page 11 of 14 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top