Join for free
Page 12 of 14 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 >
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 10:24 AM

Re: Could the European Elections herald the end of the EU?

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Then you misunderstand the British Psyche.

We will not be dictated to by our own Political Elite or anyone else's.

We have had enough of that and want a change.

We are an independent bunch and not always rational.

If we were rational, we would have sought peace with Germany after Dunkirk.

We didn't.

It is not all about money, it is about Freedom.
I am surprised that you still don't get it.
You will have no more freedom outside the EU than in it.
The WTO will demand you follow its rules...INCLUDING having a hard border with Ireland which will be a disaster...or in fact not possible (since Ireland has to agree under the Belfast Agreement).
If you want to discuss breaking up, the WTO is in a very shaky position right now due to the USA who dominates it and refuses to approve arbitrators to settle disputes...which will indeed cause it to break up eventually.
You are not in charge of trade deal terms...everyone knows you are desperate and will screw you down for every profitable penny.
Your immigration policy will be governed not by numbers but by need...and the current points system seems not to be working. The process will lengthen the time it takes to employ an "immigrant" and your already weak productivity will be gasping on its back on the floor. I worry for the tens of thousands of people who need carers, children who need special support, patients and waiting lists.
Where are you going to find thousands of nurses who earn over 30,000 pounds a year??

I was reading today that the UK car industry is very angry...some factories closed for a week unnecessarily to prepare for Brexit which didn't happen, lost millions and are now unable to tell which way to move.

As for a FTA with Europe, it may well be that Michel Barnier is the new Pres of the Commission. Play with that notion for a while...

Why on earth you want another world war heroic experience is beyond understanding. This time you are up against global physics, global reality. What happened 75 years ago was within that context. Why should the grandchildren of that time have to slog thru such a reality when they could have been far more free to enjoy their modern world?
THEY won't be free. They will be second class citizens picking up the pieces of their standard of living that you took from them with yet another false promise...that some things are worth fighting for and in the end it will all work out.

When will you start to see the lies you have been fed? and the ones you still self administer?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 11:44 AM

She's back!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
She's back!
You seem better informed than me JBR?
Sounds like Solly has called for reinforcements though as
the patter is the same!
Best Regards Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
You seem better informed than me JBR?
Sounds like Solly has called for reinforcements though as
the patter is the same!
Best Regards Donkeyman!
Read the date she joined this platform and you understand how shallow brained your remark is.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 02:36 PM

I joined in Oct. 2016 but soon found another, better informed forum.
There you have to know facts and present links as proof.

Perhaps Donkeyman might like to start doing that instead of posting opinion as fact and assuming we will accept that.
Flicker
France

30-05-2019, 02:38 PM

JBR perhaps you might like to remember some of the predictions I made back when I left.
So far none of yours have happened...alternatively...
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
I joined in Oct. 2016 but soon found another, better informed forum.
There you have to know facts and present links as proof.

Perhaps Donkeyman might like to start doing that instead of posting opinion as fact and assuming we will accept that.
Why! Why!l did you come back?
You apparently found a rational well informed alternative
Forum?
Why, lask again??? Did you come back?

Regards Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

30-05-2019, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
JBR perhaps you might like to remember some of the predictions I made back when I left.
So far none of yours have happened...alternatively...
What is your trade Flicker?
Do you need a broomstick to get around?

Regards Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
What is your trade Flicker?
Do you need a broomstick to get around?

Regards Donkeyman!
Seems an adequate way to cross the canal, whereas travelling on a donkey? On the other hand, jezus did travel by donkey and could walk on water, so perhaps his donkey could too. Tell me donkey, can you walk on water?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

30-05-2019, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Seems an adequate way to cross the canal, whereas travelling on a donkey? On the other hand, jezus did travel by donkey and could walk on water, so perhaps his donkey could too. Tell me donkey, can you walk on water?
I asked Flicker WHY Solly! I dont think you need to answer
for her/ him!

Regards Donkeyman!

Page 12 of 14 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top