Join for free
Page 12 of 35 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 04:24 PM

Re: Do You Ever Feel Embarrassed At The Rudeness Shown To Others?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Please would you define what a ‘Snowflake’ is. It seems to be the ‘in’/ ‘buzz’ word on here at the moment, usually only spotted in the ‘Serious’ and ‘Political’ threads!
It's a modern day sort of mimophant .
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Anyone with a political philosophy to the 'left' of Adolph Hitler.
Is Genghis Khan out of fashion now?

Safe space... where's that then?
Our cat used to hide behind the washing machine on firework night...
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Anyone with a political philosophy to the 'left' of Adolph Hitler.
Hitler was to the Left of Gordon Brown's Labour Party.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Say it as it is, ruthio.
Luv it, gal. Nearly pee'd me pants.

I hope you had your incontinence pants on this time?

It must be very embarrassing for you.
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 06:03 PM

I can remember visiting a site a couple of years ago, and I was picked on by several members. They kept using such foul words like 'F***ing' and the one that Americans seem keen on "M*****F***ing" and I was just a tad amazed that nobody seemed to complain about such profanity online. I made a complaint to the Admin of that forum and got a reply that there were plenty of other sites I could take my sorry little prudish self to and leave these "M*****F***ing members to enjoy posting on a broad-minded Forum. Another sent me a PM and every other word was 'F' !!!! I am not a prude, I'll swear as much as the next person if the occasion merited it, but do take great exception to having profanities rammed down my neck.

I realised (cos I'm quite quick on the up-take over stuff like that ) that that particular Forum held no future for me. It would no doubt eventually cease to exist, when members became bored with swearing at each other and showing guest readers just how unintelligent most of them were ! Don't ask me the name of the site, cos I really cannot remember the name ! Actually there are one or two sites that are basically 'open house' with little or no moderating.

I come online to chill out and escape from the pressures of real life. I do not come online to be subjected to rudeness, insults, bullying or excessive profanity. So far, on this Forum, I have not experienced any serious rudeness, but there is quite a bit of banter, which can be hilarious !

Obviously one should always have a fairly active sense of humour when you frequent online 'chat sites' and try not to take stuff too seriously.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->

You old grouch ... we all know guys just shake a leg instead for assisted gravity drainage.. not to be confused with when they shake a leg cos they've seen an attractive lady.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->

You didn’t hear the whoosh?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by GillyT ->
I can remember visiting a site a couple of years ago, and I was picked on by several members. They kept using such foul words like 'F***ing' and the one that Americans seem keen on "M*****F***ing" and I was just a tad amazed that nobody seemed to complain about such profanity online. I made a complaint to the Admin of that forum and got a reply that there were plenty of other sites I could take my sorry little prudish self to and leave these "M*****F***ing members to enjoy posting on a broad-minded Forum. Another sent me a PM and every other word was 'F' !!!! I am not a prude, I'll swear as much as the next person if the occasion merited it, but do take great exception to having profanities rammed down my neck.

I realised (cos I'm quite quick on the up-take over stuff like that ) that that particular thread held no future for me. It would no doubt eventually cease to exist, when members became bored with swearing at each other and showing guest readers just how unintelligent most of them were ! Don't ask me the name of the site, cos I really cannot remember the name ! Actually there are one or two sites that are basically 'open house' with little or no moderating.

I come online to chill out and escape from the pressures of real life. I do not come online to be subjected to rudeness, insults, bullying or excessive profanity. So far, on this Forum, I have not experienced any serious rudeness, but there is quite a bit of banter, which can be hilarious !

Obviously one should always have a fairly active sense of humour when you frequent online 'chat sites' and try not to take stuff too seriously.
A very good summing up Gilly.
Sites vary and I've sneaked off from one or two myself that I found a little too over the top. Others seemed to thrive on it but I felt out of my comfort zone.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
You didn’t hear the whoosh?
I’m surprised you didn’t say... Tsunami!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

07-01-2018, 06:15 PM

It is hard to spell Art

Page 12 of 35 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top