Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 03:51 PM

Re: Does money burn a hole in your pocket?

Hi

I was Compulsorily Medically Retired, a Theresa May thing, but argued against it and got Early Retirement.

Much better for me Financially and sod her.

They now want me and others back, and they are going to pay through the nose for it big time.

Is she bothered?

Nope, not at all, it is not her money, it is yours.

This is what is so so wrong with Politics Today

They are spending your money, not their own.

This is so, so wrong.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I was Compulsorily Medically Retired, a Theresa May thing, but argued against it and got Early Retirement.

Much better for me Financially and sod her.

They now want me and others back, and they are going to pay through the nose for it big time.

Is she bothered?

Nope, not at all, it is not her money, it is yours.

This is what is so so wrong with Politics Today

They are spending your money, not their own.

This is so, so wrong.
So does money burn a hole in your pocket, Swimmy?
Sorry mate, just hoping this thread doesn't go down the Politics road that's all....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I was brought up to spend a little, save a little and it has always worked for me. I never spend the ‘save a little’ unless I really need it so I look on it now as my emergency pot. I rarely treat myself, I get more satisfaction from treating others. I have never been in debt, if I can’t afford something I don’t buy it.

I brought my children up the same way and it has also worked well for them.
Same here. Sometimes I convince myself that there's something I really need but then feel guilty about wanting it and then slowly talk myself out of buying it. A legacy from my frugal upbringing.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 04:01 PM

Not all the time! Now retired and the mortgage paid but (definitely not wealthy) just happy that we are able to pay bills on time and afford the little luxuries in life like going out to dinner once a month, or spoiling my grandkids on their birthdays or going on holiday. That is all I ever wanted.

However.... I do occasionally do the "Oh, to hell with it" impulse buying, such as last month when I had such a yearning for the Shoulder Bacon rashers that I loved when I was younger, and which is impossible to buy from local butchers or supermarkets. The only way I could buy it was online from a Farmshop somewhere in the UK. So I bought 4 x packets of bacon at £4.19 for six rashers, but the postage was over £7.00 !! ( my mum and dad would be turning in their graves at my flippant manner of spending money).

So yes, have to admit, guilty!!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 04:20 PM

No money doesnt burn a hole in my pocket . I do give my granchildren a note when i see them as they dont live near enough to get weekly pocket money though .

Im careful but generouse in many ways
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 04:27 PM

Does it? you betcha it does! I have got through about 1000 pockets just this year
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 04:41 PM

If I had money in my pockets it may burn holes, I never get enough to find out.
I get very stressed at buying anything like new appliances etc. to the point of feeling sick.
I think if I won millions I would still search for bargains.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->

I'll take a look at The Mountain, Tiffany. Hope I don't get carried away though 'cos I'll blame you
I use a site called Redbubble a lot.
The Owl Barn has a better selection than Amazon, Floydy. Try them...

https://www.owlbarn.co.uk/subcategor...CL&subcat=CLTS
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 04:51 PM

Am very 'careful' with money - have had to be frugal most of my life. I am far from being 'rich' but am now reasonably 'comfortable'.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
The Owl Barn has a better selection than Amazon, Floydy. Try them...

https://www.owlbarn.co.uk/subcategor...CL&subcat=CLTS
I took a look Tiffany but they're all animal prints. Not really my thing I'm afraid.
While I was looking a pop-up appeared from a site called EMP and I've ordered a very smart Pink Floyd sweatshirt. That's what happens - it's too easy!

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top