Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 03:04 PM

Re: on the dole.

Well I've never called you names t so that's rather rude as you say, from what you have said previously you sound as if you have had a very privileged life I'd still say reading that your life hasn't been that bad, some people have much less and need help. If you have never needed help I'd say that's pretty lucky.

Some need help it's part of our society that we look after them until they can look after themselves again or for the rest of their lives if they can't.

Having been homeless and at another point been on benefit until my husband was well enough to work again I think I have more idea of what's needed than you on this one.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
For heaven's sake what is your problem you stupid woman?
Oops!

When I used that phrase: 'You stupid woman', it was in reference to a popular TV comedy programme which I suspect you've never heard of.

(I didn't bother to read the rest of your diatribe.)
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 03:06 PM

Temper temper Tara, I think you owe Julie an apology.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Temper temper Tara, I think you owe Julie an apology.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2017, 06:45 AM

I'd say anyone who manages to the £1100 in benefits these days has worked to get it. I've never claimed and have always worked. But I feel nothing but sympathy for those in society who have to use the system, with all its bureaucratic obstacles and humiliations. I had to sort out disability living allowance for my dad many years ago and that was pretty complicated even then. If this money includes housing then it's leaves not very much to iive on. I hate when statistics with figures like this are thrown around without the underlying detail. It's an abuse of information by the media.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2017, 07:40 AM

Hi

I was earning what to many would have been a fortune until I was injured.

Being neither Military or Police, I got naff all, I had to use my savings to keep my lifestyle.

There is nothing wrong with being a cleaner or anything else on Minimum Wage, at least you are working.

I have the highest regard for those who work, even on a pittance.

I have absolutely no regard at all for those who choose not to work.

To my mind the entire system is wrong.

We cannot survive without cleaners and Binmen or sewage operatives.

We cannot survive without Hospital Porters.

They should be paid a decent wage, to my mind, £15 an hour.

Instead we pay Estate Agents, who produce naff all, £45 an hour and a company BMW.

When I was working for the Government I got £36 an hour.

I was quite happy with that.

Now I am retired , the Ambulance Chasers are offering £135 an hour.

That is what is wrong with the UK, I want no part of it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2017, 07:48 AM

How depressing is this world where our children and grandchildren have to make a living.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2017, 08:37 AM

One should make oneself busy enough, not to have to worry about, the employment status of others.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2017, 09:19 AM

I think a lot of us could write about hard times and well done to all those who have endured, or are still enduring them, stoically.

It does bring to mind the Monty Python sketch though: "You think that's bad!" ...
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2017, 10:43 AM

My ex husband was self employed , I was working in a shop , in the same week I lost my job he fell and fractured his hip . We had very little money . I made an appointment with the dole office and wheeled him there in his wheelchair . Neither of us had ever made a claim before . Because he was self employed he was not entitled to a penny . I was given £75 a week for 3 months that was for the two of us . We lived on it till he recovered enough to return to work . We informed the dole people that he was back at work (I was retraining at college ) and our money stopped . A couple of weeks later I got a phone call to say we owed them £75 as we had been overpaid by a week . I had to send a cheque to them for that amount of money or we were told we would be prosecuted .

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top