Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2017, 01:53 PM

Re: Starting Date announced.

Hi

Apparently we will be getting the White Paper on Thursday.

That will be fun.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2017, 10:19 PM

Hi

The Austrians are now wanting restrictions on free movement, this could get interesting,

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-au...-idUSKBN15E1LQ
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2017, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The Austrians are now wanting restrictions on free movement, this could get interesting,

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-au...-idUSKBN15E1LQ
The penny is beginning to drop all over Europe!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2017, 10:12 AM

I looked for an existing thread on this matter, but couldn't find one.

Of all the MPs, only 114 voted in the House against Brexit. Most of these were, of course, Labour and SNP. Then there were the Limp Dems (who are they?).

Then we mustn't forget one isolated Conservative. He is getting on, of course, so he's probably not expecting to continue in the job after the next GE anyway.

The one I found most amusing by far, though, was the disgusting Abbott!

Her beloved boss told her to vote for Brexit; her heart told her to vote against. So what to do?

Well, she had a bright idea: let's pretend we're ill so I won't be able to attend and vote!

I look forward to her imminent return in full health today. She should be laughed out of the House!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

02-02-2017, 10:25 AM

Hi

I am quite relieved that Abbott did not vote, if she had voted for Brexit I could well have changed my mind and become a Remainer .
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2017, 10:28 AM

It is interesting to look at www.order-order.com There are discussions about this vote, Abbott, the 114, and so on; including some rather impolite comments that would almost certainly not be allowed on this forum

It made the observation that although the vote was approx 4 to 1 in favour of Brexit, Sky & BBC interviewed about twice as many MPs who voted against

In fact for political comment that differs from the mainstream, and especially the BBC, Guardian, Sky, and the rest of the left leaning media order-order is well worth looking at, though it can get quite addictive
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

02-02-2017, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
It is interesting to look at www.order-order.com
I've never really looked at that before. Bookmarked now. Thanks.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2017, 11:23 AM

I heard an interesting comment on the news this morning, though as I was channel hopping at the time I cannot now remember if it was Sky or BBC

Corbyn now has a problem with those MPs who voted against, and not simply because of that

It is an accepted part of Parliamentary procedure or tradition that if a front bencher/minister/shadow minister votes against their party they should resign
If they do not then they and their party would go down in esteem by fellow MPs and anyone else with an interest in current affairs & politics

But Corbyn is rapidly running out of replacements, especially if he wants to keep up the left's principle of gender equality
But if he does promote any of his female backbenchers it will be obvious that this has not been done because of their talent, but simply because they are female.

Whatever happens, it's yet another headache for Jeremy

Oh, and another point

Am I the only Leaver who is feeling rather insulted and not a little peed off at being constantly told that I didn't know what I was voting for?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2017, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I've never really looked at that before. Bookmarked now. Thanks.
I have tried several times but can't get on the site. Their servers must be about to ignite
zuludog
N E Lancashire

02-02-2017, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have tried several times but can't get on the site. Their servers must be about to ignite
That's funny, I've never had a problem
Try putting it directly into Google

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top