Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 07:56 PM

Ebay...A WARNING.

Do not go on abay after a few drinks, it could strip you of your money...if you are stupid....like me.

Last night, after a few drinks, I bought a Transit van roof rack for a bargain £50.

I also bought a pair of electric garage doors.
After months of looking for anthracite I finally found 2.

So, you may be wondering why the warning?

In the light of day I realised I'd made 2 howlers of mistakes:

1) I don't have a Transit, I sold it 3 weeks ago....I now have a Nissan Primastar.

2) The garage doors won't fit. I'd forgotten that I altered the size o9f the openings when I built them 17 years ago.
I moved the dividing wall to make one garage wider so it would take a wider than average car, as the other was to house my motorbikes and fishing gear it mattered not doh.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 08:54 PM

Re: Ebay...A WARNING.

Are you my husband?????
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 09:14 PM

Daft nana Tiepin

Silly things I've bought on eBay...3 dvds wrong region
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 09:16 PM

Tpin .. best and most sensible remedy has to be ... have a few drinks, get on e-bay and sell two garage doors and one roof rack... and challenge yourself to make a good profit.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Tpin .. best and most sensible remedy has to be ... have a few drinks, get on e-bay and sell two garage doors and one roof rack... and challenge yourself to make a good profit.
Yes Morty, Tpin might come out of this smelling of roses after all.....
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 11:54 PM

Did you manage to cancel them Tpin or have they already been dispatched?

Oh dear.....
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Did you manage to cancel them Tpin or have they already been dispatched?

Oh dear.....
Buy It Now so I paid immediately.

I'll go and collect them....I think I could possibly double my money on a good day or break even on a bad.

I'm just shocked that I bought them in the first place
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

09-10-2017, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Daft nana Tiepin

Silly things I've bought on eBay...3 dvds wrong region
haha...so it's not just me.

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Daft thing is I now have to buy a roof rack to pick the roof rack up........as for the garage doors, god knows how I'm going to get them unless I hire a van.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 02:48 AM

This made me laugh so hard I almost cried. Barely two hours since I first read it, I have shared your story three times - names withheld, of course .

The obvious answer, the one that everyone has overlooked thus far, is to go out and buy a vehicle and house that fit your newly purchased items.

And who said it was too early for Christmas?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

09-10-2017, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Are you my husband?????
I can be

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top