Join for free
Page 4 of 20 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 09:19 AM

Re: General Election 2017: The Result

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Neither did that evil witch Thatcher (phth, phth, phth) until the 'nasty party' panjandrums called on her and one by one and stuck bloody great knives in her back.
But she put the country back on an even keel first.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Like a lot of people I expected a large Conservative majority

I'm not so bothered about the Conservative party as such, but it will obviously make achieving Brexit more difficult

the other fly in the ointment is that Tim Farron has retained his seat. I don't suppose the arrogant whingeing toad will ever be off our TV screens now
Clegg got his marching orders though.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
But she put the country back on an even keel first.
The NHS was on its knees when Thatcher finished with it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 09:22 AM

Don't worry everyone, we will be doing it all again in 4-5 years time.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I was just horrified to hear lady , from the green party, say "We will never support the Conservatives". How the hell can any MP say that when they don't know what legislation they are being asked to vote on?
I would understand if it is something the Green party are opposed to, but surely opposition to another party, rather than the legislation they are putting forward, is not helping the country and seems to be a method of manipulating the vote.
With attitudes like that, is it any wonder this country is going downhill?
I agree, but not to worry: the Greenies have very nearly as few seats as UKIP!

It could be said that, like UKIP, the Greenies are no more than a pressure group.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Surely now that Brexit has been triggered (Didn't May do so in March?) in two years you will be out of the EU whether you have an agreement with them or not? Parliament doesn't come into it except to ratify any agreement but whether it agrees or not you are out in two years.

Best of luck with that.
Even so, it is no longer clear cut. If Brexit does happen, I can imagine that it will be with many concessions to the EU including payment of the billions they are demanding and also open borders so they can send us their unwanted jihadists.

That may be a pessimistic outlook, but if any such thing does happen, the people of this country must accept that it is our own fault.
caricature
Devon,England.

09-06-2017, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Don't worry everyone, we will be doing it all again in 4-5 years time.
That could be months.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
That could be months.
AAAaaaaaaaaaaaagh!
caricature
Devon,England.

09-06-2017, 09:30 AM

I think Labour should now be allowed to form a minority government to show that they cannot deliver on their manifesto.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

09-06-2017, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
So if there was a vote on restricting human rights for murdering terrorists, are you suggesting that a green party member would vote against it, just because it was a Tory idea?
Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I hope they would vote against because it's a dreadful idea !
I see you have made your views perfectly clear, Julie. You support muslim terrorists and their murder of innocent people.

I have to say that I consider that disgusting and I hope you can live with yourself.

Page 4 of 20 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top