Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 02:57 PM

Re: jesus as a sausage roll

I just thought the advert unthinking and immature. Probably the smart Alecs who thought it up are not long out of their teens and although they would consider themselves well educated, they are limited by a lack of wider knowledge and understanding, so perhaps we should feel sorry for their ignorance and crass attitiude. IMO Jews would not be offended as they do not believe Jesus was the Messiah. Islamics would not be offended for similar reasons. Some Christians may be offended because by depicting a traditionally religious looking scene of the three wise men surrounding a cradle with gifts for the messiah it is rather stupid and insensitive to put a sausage roll in the crib. Silly marketing folks - but then as others have said I suppose it got them the publicity for their product that they wanted. Personally I can think of nothing more unattractive than a nibbed sausage roll with bits of straw sticking all over it - but there you go - it takes all sorts.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 02:58 PM

I just don't understand why the Christian Faith is treated like this, it's obviously hurtful to believers to do it. It's not even clever really.

I get many aren't believers but does it make them feel better about themselves to make fun of others beliefs or something.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I just thought the advert unthinking and immature. Probably the smart Alecs who thought it up are not long out of their teens and although they would consider themselves well educated, they are limited by a lack of wider knowledge and understanding, so perhaps we should feel sorry for their ignorance and crass attitiude. IMO Jews would not be offended as they do not believe Jesus was the Messiah. Islamics would not be offended for similar reasons. Some Christians may be offended because by depicting a traditionally religious looking scene of the three wise men surrounding a cradle with gifts for the messiah it is rather stupid and insensitive to put a sausage roll in the crib. Silly marketing folks - but then as others have said I suppose it got them the publicity for their product that they wanted. Personally I can think of nothing more unattractive than a nibbed sausage roll with bits of straw sticking all over it - but there you go - it takes all sorts.
Agreee
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 03:03 PM

Agree
Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I just don't understand why the Christian Faith is treated like this, it's obviously hurtful to believers to do it. It's not even clever really.

I get many aren't believers but does it make them feel better about themselves to make fun of others beliefs or something.
Agree
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 03:06 PM

I see a lot of folks munching Gregg's sausage rolls and other junk Julie. Perhaps the advert was trying to say that folks should worship their produce at this time of year. However, would Gregg sausage roll gobblers think that deeply?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 03:08 PM

I see a lot of folks munching Gregg's sausage rolls and other junk Julie. Perhaps the advert was trying to say that folks should worship their produce at this time of year. However, would Gregg sausage roll gobblers think that deeply?
No idea I've never even been into one
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 03:11 PM

I went into Greggs once.
It was to buy ( for someone else) a horrible donut thing called a Yum Yum.
It most resembles something quite unmentionable but apparently is highly popular!
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 04:05 PM

Well I enjoyed my Greggs today....festive bake, custard dohnut and a Latte, £3.25 bargain
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

16-11-2017, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
Well I enjoyed my Greggs today....festive bake, custard dohnut and a Latte, £3.25 bargain
Glad you enjoyed it DWebb, sometimes a little of what you fancy can be very nice.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 05:53 PM

No idea I've never even been into one
Same here, and no intention of ever going to one.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top