Join for free
Page 20 of 28 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2015, 01:59 PM

Re: Roberts Poems (part 3)

THE PRINCESS AND ME

Once upon a time a beautiful Royal Princess called Gilliana van der Webb was sent on a special work experience placement at Grace Brothers Emporium.
Working in the same building and incognito was the owners youngest son, Roberto Le Grace.
Young Roberto was also engaged in work experience. He loved meeting all the common & vulgar people.

Unknown to Roberto was the true identity of Gilliana, although she didn’t seem at all common, vulgar yes, common no. If only he could stop her breaking wind regularly she could easily be a Princess. Little did he know.

One day she was moved from the Queens Restaurant to the Princess Lounge. A sign if ever there was one.

Roberto found any excuse to pass by the cash desk to snatch a coy smile from his secret love. His department manager thought he must have a weak bladder. (It was small not weak, but that’s another story)
Roberto was moved up to the same floor as Gilliana in the September of 1967 and Roberto was creating a display of cushions one day & it gave him an idea. He waited until she had taken her cash float to the counting house & sneaked across to her chair and put a nice cushion on it.
The next day she couldn’t get comfortable at all.

Roberto was not only super intelligent but astute, very cleverly he had put a foreign coin under her smart new cushion. She guessed straight away that her seat had been tampered with and looked across to her admirer, all the while suppressing a fart. Fate was kind to her because Florrie the cleaner passed by with a heavy duty vacuum cleaner. While Gilliana sighed a sigh of relief, Florrie stopped the cleaner and after examining it careful for blockages sighed when it returned to normal sound levels.

Gilliana dreamed that Roberto might be someone important, even though he was common and vulgar, combing his hair in public & wearing ghastly winkle picker pointed shoes, However he had a nicesmile (his best feature), a good suit and would more than likely scrub up quite well. Love would find a way.

Every time she went into the staff canteen she was at one surrounded by ardent admirers , for she was truly beautiful, but they were all so coarse and rough, and had leather patches on their jacket elbows.
Some of them were in the habit of wiping their noses on their sleeves , which from a distance looked like glitter or even lurex, how wrong that assumption was. Remember, glam rock came a decade later.

Roberto found a way to meet Gilliana by bribing one of the gang to vacate his seat ,adjacent to her as he approached. It worked like a dream and they found themselves sat close to one another at last..
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2015, 03:24 PM

Excellent RJ, just the tonic I needed on this wet miserable Saturday.
Give my best wishes to the lovely Lady.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2015, 11:00 AM

My 21 year old granddaughter Daneca wrote this for me as a gift for Christmas, I couldn't have wished for anything more

THE SILVER HAIRED WONDER.

Listening for the shuffle of weary feet
A familiar door opens, a tender smile greets
Welcoming arms open and pull me close
For it’s you I’ve been wishing to see the most

Telling tall tales, I believe them it’s true
I’m sure all will agree, no one tells them like you
Eager ears listen for the next scene
So farfetched and witty, it could be a dream

A trembling lip never gets in the way
For I’m longing to hear all you have to say
Heavy eyes close as you fall asleep
Mysterious thoughts wander, vast and deep

Kind eyes sparkle, they never lose hope
Not one to be defeated, to sulk or to moan
Reminiscing old times when we hunted for bugs
Dusting off scuffed knees and endless hugs

Intelligent and charming, yet grateful and humble
Words of wisdom appear with each gentle mumble
For every day my for you grows stronger

Love from your eldest granddaughter

The Golden Haired Wonder
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2015, 03:07 PM

Wonderful poem from a loving Grandfather to his Granddaughter RJ, it is so sincere and shows deep affection, long may you enjoy this young Ladies company. Bravo for those true words from the heart.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

02-01-2016, 08:16 PM

Last year has gone, oh so very fast
Pointless to dwell on things now passed
One year older and there’s much we forget
The awful truth is this is as good as it gets.
Gianetta
US
Gianetta is female  Gianetta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 07:07 PM

You granddaughter have inherit you gift of words, Robert... I just find this thread and I am enjoy it very much.... how lovely that she feel this way of you ..she must be a treasure that you cherishing very much...thank you for this poems...is a nice soft place here, that I have land... Gia
Gianetta
US
Gianetta is female  Gianetta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 07:09 PM

Oh,.,.che bella story! I enjoy very much to read this! Gia
Gianetta
US

14-01-2016, 07:42 PM

Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

15-01-2016, 07:26 AM

WELCOME Gianetta
Gianetta
US

15-01-2016, 01:02 PM

Thank you very much, Robert Junior - it is my pleasure.

Page 20 of 28 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top