Join for free
Page 21 of 28 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 > Last »
Gianetta
US
Gianetta is female  Gianetta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 10:13 PM

Re: Roberts Poems (part 3)

This is write by Pablo Neruda - a Chilean poet and read by a female reader...The meaning is that of a couple who have been separate by death of one, and the other stays "here" - each thing that the survivor see make him/her to think of the lost one...Is a very lovely poem, and I wish to share it here....
xo Gia (I hope the video will show!) Please put sound to hear it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aOWhTQGLF0
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 11:25 AM

Help, I have turned into one of those cranky old men who stand at their garden gate watching the world go by, sometimes rather disapprovingly at that.
I don’t know exactly when it happened, the turning into this personae . I may have been waiting for nurse Gillian to return home. I may have been tidying up the bay topiary bordering our tiny front patch of garden.
I am fond of wearing my Panama hat in the garden & I take great pleasure in doffing my hat to female passers by. It never fails to bring a smile to their faces, such an old fashioned thing to do.

Upon reflection i think I may have progressed straight from a
“net twitcher” to a fully fledged “dozy old fart standing at the garden gate” in one fell swoop when we had pigeon trouble.
our car is parked in a disabled space outside our home. Opposite is the cemetery and huge oak trees one of which overhangs our car. I said they were huge!.
Well, every night pigeons roost in the same spot , and doing copious poo parcels which coat our car every morning.
It’s only on our car. I had a brainwave...............
I bought some helium filled bright red balloons & released them to catch on the tree & scare the pigeons. 3 of the 4 balloons went straight up through the tree into the atmosphere. The 4th one lodged very firmly near the top. At this point a dozen crows fled the tree. They have never returned, the poo has stopped.
Where was I?
Such kind remarks posted on this thread. Thank you chums.
I have dire faults though.I don’t put DVDs back in their case.
It drives my family up the wall.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 05:50 PM

"Help, I have turned into one of those cranky old men who stand at their garden gate watching the world go by, sometimes rather disapprovingly at that"

I know the feeling well RJ.
I hate pulling the age rank on you young fella but there are times when the young need a reminder that us older lads have been through this stage of life ourselves.
The first thing to remember is to alternate the standing at the gate times, do it at the same time everyday and there is the danger of you becoming a ‘Fixture’, people will begin to set their watches by you and then become nervous and unsettled if you don’t appear everyday on schedule, not fair to make them apprehensive like that, fluctuate your times like I used to do before the pubs opened, wear different hats and shirts, the more outlandish the more they will be appreciated, in Summer get up before the workers and take out a deckchair, lie back with a cool beer in one hand and a big cigar in the other, Monday morning is the best day for this one, as the sour faced workers pass by smile and say “God bless the workers for providing my pension” Enjoy your retirement to the full.

PS.
Good idea of yours with the balloons RJ, we don't have a lot of Birds where I live, but there are quite a few shitty cars.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 06:00 PM

Thank you JEM, a very warm response to my meanderings

Lots of good ideas.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2016, 12:12 AM

I would like to help, but my Scallywag instincts may preclude positive input.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

25-01-2016, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I would like to help, but my Scallywag instincts may preclude positive input.
Preclude away Spitty.........
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2016, 07:52 PM

Please note this thread has been split into 3 sections due to the length. These are the sections ...

1) http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=32449

2)
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=32451

3)
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=32330

Thank you
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

19-04-2017, 11:09 PM

Nostalgia aint what it used to be (they say) so I thought I'd dig out this old thread
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 02:17 AM

well ya may have dug it out RJ but just make sure ya don't fall in it!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 01:37 PM

Spring is here and our poets fill the air! what joy! Great to see you all getting stuck in again.

Page 21 of 28 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top